Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public and Social Impact – Account and Industry Leader
Public and Social Impact – Account and Industry Leader
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In more than 42 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom’s teams have the autonomy to be responsive to the market and do what’s right for our teams and clients. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to more than 12,000 employees. Slalom is one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and is regularly recognized by employees as the best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Job Title: Public and Social Impact – Account and Industry Leader (Sr. Director level)
Slalom Austin is seeking a leader capable of scaling our state and local government, education (SLED) services, and non-profit accounts across the State of Texas and local entities. You will partner with the industry selling team and our capability teams to drive the continued growth of our business in the public and social impact space. You are responsible for driving the overall growth of our Texas State and Local Government and Education business through a combination of business development, oversight of accounts and delivery work, and thought leadership/campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity for a results-driven, seasoned thought leader with a proven track record of scaling teams, offerings, and business in this industry.
You should be recognized within the industry as a strategic thought leader with the ability to build high-performing teams and provide solution expertise specific to the industry leveraging extensive client and account management experience. We are looking for a senior industry leader who will be responsible for creating and owning our overall go-to-market strategy, account management, client delivery, and business development activities. You are experienced in negotiating government deals, cultivating and nurturing key relationships within Slalom and with Government and Education clients, and passionate about attracting and growing industry-specific talent. You are experienced in delivering public sector and education solutions, driving sales cycles, and managing the operations of public sector practices for our Texas clients.
What You’ll Do
As the Public and Social Impact – Account and Industry Leader, you will serve as the key liaison between our Slalom team(s) and our Public and Social impact client(s) to ensure the overall success of the industry team. This includes performing tasks related to government contract/compliance management, staffing/team member management, financial management, performance & quality management, team management, and client relationship management.
The Slalom Public and Social Impact – Account and Industry Leader is responsible for overseeing the successful execution of contracts – from initiation through closeout, providing oversight and governance of sold and managed P&SI projects through account leadership and establishment of best practices.
· Pipeline Development and Growth: Accountability for the industry growth through sales and delivery, including establishing our point of view and strategic approach to grow our public sector and education footprint, accounts, and offerings. Identify and pursue business development opportunities and RFxs that drive revenue and pipeline growth. Responsible for the profitability of the Slalom Austin Public and Social Impact (P&SI) accounts, with growing revenue target expectations.
· Risk Mitigation and Management – Managing engagement risk related to state and local government and education projects, and related RFP go/no-go decisions on which opportunities we should pursue.
· Contract/Compliance Management – you will enable compliance with all contract requirements by building a team that surfaces and understands the details of contracts and the tasks and deliverables that are required across the portfolio.
· Client Relationship Management – you will foster relationships with contracting officials and influential stakeholders to expand relationships across the portfolio, develop Slalom brand awareness and help identify new business opportunities. Additionally, you will acquire knowledge of the client landscape and organizations in order to better serve our clients in an advisory capacity.
· Staffing Management – Grow our team to meet market needs and practice needs. You will help identify, staff, and oversee the team members needed to execute proposed solutions and meet contract requirements. This entails working with account/capability leads to understand the right capabilities and skillsets of each required team member and locating them internally at Slalom, or externally via recruiting/subcontracting channels. Once identified, facilitating the security clearance and onboarding of each team member and, finally, providing continued oversight and support of engagements throughout the contract period of performance.
· Financial Management – you will be responsible for managing the portfolio’s financials including budgets, forecasts, and invoicing. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the financial tools to track and communicate the financials. You will oversee the timely submission of client invoices to ensure prompt payment.
· Performance & Quality Management – Oversees quality assurance of project delivery on target accounts, and builds a healthy team dynamic and client relationships. You will be responsible for monitoring engagements from a cost, schedule, performance, and risk perspective. You will create and maintain reporting mechanisms and channels to effectively track and communicate the overall success of the portfolio.
· Team Mgmt – you will be responsible for looking after and supporting engagement teams by providing motivation, removing blockers or obstacles, and promoting team health. You will share feedback with People Leaders and capability leads on each team member’s performance so that their work/contributions on engagements are clearly understood.
· Internal Teaming – You serve as the primary point of contact across Slalom for the portfolio and build and manage internal relationships that help contribute to the team’s success. You build and develops relationship/partnership with both local market and global teams, aligning on sales pursuits, resource capacity, and capabilities.
· External Teaming: Drives business development by building partnerships and managing go-to-market efforts with our technology and small business partners.
· 15+ years’ public sector/state and local government and education expertise and team leadership experience in a large consulting environment
· 10+ years’ experience working with complex, modern technology and data projects and management of government contract vehicles
· Previous sales, account management, delivery, and consulting experience
· Passionate about public sector and technology
· Strong relationships with government and education clients, ideally in Texas
· Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Experienced and adept at aligning teams to work toward a common goal; consistently demonstrates strong people management skills
· Budget and project management experience
· Strong coaching and mentoring experience in a sales leadership capacity
· Excellent collaboration and team-building skills
· Strong process orientation coupled with an ability to work with virtual teams
· Experienced in building relationships with CXOs and business decision-makers
· Skilled at leading teams through complex technology solution sales
· Creative and innovative; seen as a visionary in your approach
· Expert verbal and written communication skills
· Expert business operation skills
Diverse teams are better teams.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better solutions. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our teams wherever we can, and we actively encourage everyone to consider joining us. Slalom is a modern consulting firm passionate about strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what’s possible and create what’s next.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-02