Publications and Communications Coordinator
Who we are:
ACT | The App Association represents more than 5,000 app makers and connected device companies in the mobile economy. Our team is professional, collaborative, and effective. We are the leading industry resource on how policy affects small tech businesses, related to issues such as platforms, intellectual property, privacy, and security.
Who you are:
ACT | The App Association seeks a publications and communications coordinator who can help us produce high quality statements, whitepapers, and industry reports at a consistent pace. The ideal candidate possesses experience with public relations and communications basics such as how to write a statement, a press release, a whitepaper, social content, etc. You will work with our internal teams to coordinate their communications needs, reporting directly to the director of communications.
- Work with our teams to draft communications materials such as statements and press releases based on knowledge of our messaging and positions
- Targeted media pitching and development of relationships with media
- Social media outreach for the App Association and its initiatives
- Manage website updates such as updating blog content, uploading resources and files
- Produce social media content using templates created by our creative director
- Create and coordinate the content and design of proactive storylines for media and social engagement.
- Manage the development cycle of publications across the organization, from concept to final publication.
- 1-3 years of experience via a combination of internships or workplace
- A developed writing style and a desire to improve their voice writing for a variety of platforms and audiences
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently but also collaborate with staff at various levels
- Some basic graphic design experience using templates for PDFs or social graphics
- Comfortable with the “breaking news” pace of policy communications
- Familiar with policy media members and outlets and how to pitch reporters
Candidates should send their resumes, cover letters and two to three writing samples to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-06-18