Publicist, Publicity & Social Influence
Basketball is and has always been more than a game and The World-Famous Harlem Globetrotters have always been a lot more than just a basketball team. With the confluence of social change, pandemic and more, we are at a unique point in time where we are relaunching our iconic brand to unite families and spread joy through world-class basketball showmanship. The Globetrotters are charismatic, elite athletes and real-life superheroes who consistently leverage their star power to light up a room, light up a court, light up a venue, light up the competition, light up the community and light up the world. They have done this in spite of any and all challenges, including the challenges facing the world today. As the Globetrotters build on our wonderful 90+ year storied history, we are seeking outstanding individuals to help elevate the brand to emotionally connect with the next generation of fans contemporizing it to the 2020s YouTube world. As a Publicist for the world-famous Harlem Globetrotters, you will help elevate our brand and world-class stars connecting with new audiences and developing generations of loyal fans.
Your passion for the Harlem Globetrotters and the mission is matched only by your quick witted, adaptive and story driven approach to publicity, media relations savviness and ability to craft and pitch story ideas.
This full-time position within the Harlem Globetrotters International (HGI) Marketing Division is located at our Corporate Office in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, and reports to the VP of Marketing & Sales.
- Works to proactively research, develop and pitch story ideas for branded entertainment campaigns, player engagement and live events
- Supports PR agency on implementation of project and deliverables
- Assists in writing and editing of communications materials
- Assists in developing and implementing publicity events, stunts, appearances, etc.
- Search, compile and distribute video footage, photography and other assets for marketing usage
- Coordinates assembly and distribution of any needed PR press kits
- Handles general media inquiries
- Create communications materials, including messaging, announcements, updates, Q&As, press releases, executive memos and other collateral, representing the brand voice authentically
- Craft articles and updates on initiatives, programs for internal and external distribution
- Assist in developing and activating Harlem Globetrotters partnership and community initiatives including on the group support
- A true collaborator working with cross functional teams, agencies and partners to develop campaigns, initiatives and go-to-market activations
- Responsible for onsite media coordination at community events, product launches, appearances, etc. as assigned
· 6+ years of publicity, communications experience with Bachelor’ Degree, and MBA nice to have
· Have a genuine passion for the Harlem Globetrotters and communications and public relations in an ever-changing landscape
· Excellent communication, cross-group collaboration, and planning skills
· A must-have attention to detail, organized and thorough in planning and work
· Insatiable curiosity and a sense of humor with a knack for finding new story ideas and angles
· Excellent writer with the ability to flex writing styles – creative and corporate but always on brand
· Skilled in Google docs, PPT and various PR tools
· Cool while coordinating celebrity talent, influencer and public figures during events and appearances
· Cool with handling differences of opinion, with your own strong opinions lightly held
· Outcome and output oriented – dare we say ‘relentless’?
· You thrive in diverse teams and in your approach to all that you do
· Nice to have successful experience with brands targeting tweens and parents
· Consistently demonstrates grit and determination with innate ability to get stuff done
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-03