Quality Regulatory Specialist, Sr
loanDepot, America’s lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for receiving, reviewing, processing and responding to all regulatory complaints. This position will interface with cross-functional groups such as customer service, sales, and operations, for the identification and resolution of customer complaints, and will also interact directly with customers. Evaluates each complaint and ensures proper and timely handling. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Responsible for processing regulatory agency complaints while using good documentation practices; evaluates complaints to determine whether an investigation is necessary.
- Interfaces with customer service, business leaders, and customers to gather additional information required for complaint initiation and investigations.
- Leads complaint handling process which is comprised of initiation, investigation, reporting, and closure in a uniform and timely manner.
- Conducts investigations, provides corrective/preventive actions and manages complaints. Works with business counterparts to provide effective solutions that will drive continuous and measurable improvements.
- Assesses incoming complaints and elevates potential issues/incidents to management; includes, but not limited to, possible fair lending/UDAAP violations, fraud, and systemic concerns.
- Establishes & interacts with customers verbally or in writing using clear, effective communication.
- Tracks and monitors the status of regulatory complaint filing timelines to ensure all responses are submitted on-time; provides status reports on a weekly basis or as requested.
- Performs closure of all complaint files and ensures that all pertinent information is contained consistently and uniformly within the file prior to closure.
- Completes all required customer complaint related documentation in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Performs queries to provide complaint data and ad hoc trend analysis on reported product problems and complaints. Creates, analyzes, and provides feedback on complaint data for the team and management.
- Provides follow-up to internal and external customers as needed which includes customer and regulatory agency correspondence. Prepares final correspondence summarizing investigation findings.
- Prepares monthly metric and status information on the complaint program.
- Trains internal personnel on the complaint handling process from beginning to end.
- Assists as needed in the preparation of data for internal audits and external audits/inspections.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or minimum of three (3) years’ equivalent work experience.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-14