Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Rapid Response Specialist
As the leading global association of mutual funds, ETFs, and other regulated funds, the mission of the Investment Company Institute (ICI) is to strengthen the foundation of the asset management industry for the ultimate benefit of the long-term individual investor.
As a member of the Strategic Communications department reporting to the Director, Digital Advocacy Strategy, the Rapid Response Specialist is responsible for monitoring both media and digital channels, supporting the Strategic Communications team with opportunities to advocate for key policies and regulations, advance the industry, or promote and protect the ICI brand.
Essential functions of this role include:
- Support all Public Affairs activities, including developing media lists, reporter outreach, legislation tracking, hearing monitoring, and other engagements, as needed.
- Review and maintain the ICI Daily newsletter, in partnership with Axios HQ.
- Keep a steady pulse on the media and make content recommendations for the ICI Daily newsletter to provide ICI members an understanding of stories shaping the current media landscape.
- Monitor traditional and social media activity to evaluate opportunities for potential responses and media and digital engagement.
- Research and fact check content developed in response to arising key issues.
- Support the Strategic Communications team leadership in the development of broad campaign strategies.
- Collect rigorous metrics and KPIs to inform a proactive, forward-looking approach that can improve ICI’s impact online and in the media.
- Utilize knowledge of media and digital trends to support stakeholder outreach, member engagement, and other Strategic Communications efforts.
- Produce and update a comprehensive playbook for media and social media that anticipates likely industry attacks with templated materials, research, and messaging.
- Coordinate with other teams to keep editorial calendar up to date, while proactively identifying opportunities.
- Assists with press release distribution and responding to report enquiries as directed.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 – 3 years of professional digital communications, public affairs, and/or government relations experience, or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Political, PR and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Experience in finance or other heavily regulated industries preferred.
- Experience at or partnering with member associations preferred.
- Ability to create timely, impactful, and thoughtful content.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Deep understanding of media and digital platforms and relevant strategies.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with members of the media.
ICI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits to include a comprehensive medical plan, generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid leave, commuting subsidies, and tuition reimbursement as well as training and development opportunities. Based in Washington, DC, ICI is conveniently located next to McPherson Square Metro station. This is a hybrid position with three days in the office and two days working from home.
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Job posted: 2022-09-04