R&D Director Regulatory Affairs
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Director of Global Stewardship will oversee and direct all product regulatory compliance activities for Clorox, in an effort to manage and support R&D and overall business priorities. The director will lead a talented team of professional staff to identify, design, and implement regulatory strategies for a wide range of regulated products within the Clorox portfolio, and assure compliance with all applicable regulations. The director will provide technical guidance on regulatory compliance matters leveraging internal or external experts to drive functional excellence and adopt new ways of working to allow for greater collaboration, enabling projects to progress with more differentiated ideas & solutions. Critical to success in this role is the ability to effectively navigate complexity and ambiguity, and strong partnership and collaboration with our business partners to achieve win-win scenarios that meet both business goals and compliance requirements. The Director of Global Stewardship will report to the Vice President of Global Stewardship, and will represent Global Stewardship on the R&D Director Leadership Team.
- Lead a team of direct reports, with overall responsibility to ensure proper staffing, coaching, development and performance appraisal
- Develop regulatory capability and talent to meet functional R&D and corporate business needs.
- Develop best practices to drive continuous improvement within Global Stewardship to ensure functional excellence.
- Oversee the core activities and projects of direct reports and business teams to ensure department goals and deadlines are achieved.
- Develop and execute regulatory strategies in collaboration with R&D business leaders to enable Clorox’s business objectives.
- Develop and implement regulatory compliance processes, procedures, staffing models, and business connections for the function.
- Develop appropriate regulatory risk management strategies designed to identify areas of potential risk, evaluate consequences, and provide solutions to adequately address business needs.
- Ensure that strong communication and teamwork exists to facilitate smooth operation of regulatory systems so that operating teams remain in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure effective preparation, submittal and accuracy of required documentation for regulatory submissions.
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders internally and externally to Clorox – Internal: Legal, Product Development, Corporate Communications, Government Affairs, External: Regulatory agencies, trade associations, influencing bodies etc.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
Key Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated people development and leadership experience
- Ability, knowledge, and expertise to manage strategic regulatory programs
- Demonstrated proficiency at conveying complex regulatory information to the business in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Strong leadership, technical, communication, and teamwork skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to think strategically while finding balance in managing regulatory risk
- Demonstrated ability to influence people, policy and opinion within the organization, as well as through external engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and operate in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment, requiring hands-on involvement with peers, management and staff.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external business partners in an effort to facilitate effective communication and integration of business needs.
Experience Required / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution required. Prefer Bachelor’s in life sciences, engineering, or business management field.
- 15-20 years of experience related to regulatory compliance of consumer products or equivalent relevant experience.
Bachelor’s Degree, College Diploma, or Equivalent (Required)
More about Research & Development (R&D)
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging experts, who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our products — from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative products that deliver superior value.
More About Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020 sales of $6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- Liquid-Plumr® clog removers
- Poett® home care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Brita® water-filtration products; Burt’s Bees® natural personal care products
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality™ and NeoCell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets industry-leading products and technologies for professional customers, including those sold under the CloroxPro™ and Clorox Healthcare® brand names. Nearly 80% of the company’s sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
Job posted: 2021-03-15