Region Director, State Government Affairs – Mid-Atlantic Region
Region Director, State Government Affairs
- Direct and supervise lobbying teams to advance legislative and regulatory objectives and protect company’s interests from adverse public policy in a multi-state, mid-Atlantic region.
- Prepares and submits presentations, testimony and other official materials to relevant decision-makers to advance specific policy goals and objectives.
- Participate in the management of designated state and national organizations and associations as primary company representative.
- Often acts as company representative within assigned states before legislative and regulatory bodies on high profile issues that are of critical importance to the company. `
- Routinely required to develop industry-wide coalitions and manage significant grassroots/PR campaigns relating to key issues.
- Develops actions plans and implements activities that will mitigate negative impact or facilitate positive policy change.
- Provides accurate, timely and insightful responses and analysis regarding various projects and initiatives.
- Analyzes and assesses relevant state and local policies and trends.
- Monitor activities of the assigned state Executive Branches and Legislatures that would potentially impact the industry; alerts and advises leadership on emerging opportunities and concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Job is based in mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. Candidate must reside in that area of the country.
- At least five years government and/or political affairs experience, with an emphasis in state government affairs.
- Knowledge of the political process and functions in the government required.
- At least five years government and/or political affairs experience.
- Familiarity with alcohol industry and related regulatory issues.
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and facilitate internal and external teams.
- Ability to function independently.
- Willing and able to travel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-06