Regional Director, Government Affairs
Great opportunity to join our Government Relations team as Sr. Government Relations Specialist. The Sr Government Relations Specialist will direct and oversee Government Relations/Regulatory Relations support for a primary business operation of the Company or for a specific issue of major importance to the Company. Overall responsibility for client relations/satisfaction for area(s) supported.
Direct and oversee Government Relations/Regulatory Relations including working with federal or state government agencies and lobbying those entities.
Demonstrate familiarity with state legislative and regulatory processes and politics.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with state officials, legislators, regulators, associations and other groups important to advocacy efforts.
Negotiate legislative, regulatory and public policy positions in adversarial situations and represent a Company before specific State legislatures and high level regulators.
Retain large State procurements for assigned region/states as they pertain to Medicaid and the Public Sector.
Address critical matters related to the legislative and regulatory environment, including rate and product issues related to commercial insurance, Medicaid, State budget and appropriations matters.
Provide government relations/regulatory relations support to designated client areas and/or within major area(s) of expertise.
Strong skills in analyzing, understanding and translating complex legislative, regulatory and policy issues in order to advise on pending legislation, regulations, changes in key government policy and other government relations matters pertinent to the Company.
Partner and leverage outside counsel and external resources/relationships with stakeholder groups that will both promote Aetna’s business expertise and presence.
Ability to travel over 50% of the time during peak legislative sessions
- 7 years of experience in government affairs including working in federal or state government and lobbying those entities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Multi-state experience in healthcare industry.
- An understanding of general business, pharmacy, retail, pharmacy benefit management, insurance or healthcare issues.
- Ability to handle several complex and difficult projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of Company management, retained counsel, legislators and other elected/appointed officials, regulators, staff of trade associations and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage contract lobbyists.
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
25 – 50%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate’s data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-22