Regional Director of Government Affairs, West Coast
Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is looking for a Western Regional Director of Government Affairs to join our growing team! The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative, and passionate, able to initiate best practices, works well with teams, and find answers when it appears there are none.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Cultivate partnerships and relationships with all levels of government official, regulators, and stakeholders to expand the reach of Cresco in their region
- Understand linkages across functional activities: and see the relationship between activities, provide advice/consult on missing deliverables, timing of activities, and have awareness of the impact of one action on downstream events that need to be considered.
- Monitor and report on multiple municipal, local, regional and state legislative calendars. Identifying and influencing state or local legislative proposals that would impact Cresco.
- Representing Cresco on local, state and cannabis trade associations as assigned.
- Understanding the governmental and political environment within assigned region.
- Coordinating with Community Integration and Seed Teams to identify, develop and leverage opportunities to engage with government officials regarding the firm’s growing philanthropic initiatives and market expansion efforts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Strong and effective lobbying experience in priority Western states.
- Exceptional relationships and understanding of politics and state and local legislative process, particularly in the West.
- Strong understanding of financial services and business issues.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven strong work ethic.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5 years of total relevant experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-02