Regional Director, Government Affairs
Renew Financial is the nation’s leader in affordable financing for renewable energy, energy efficiency and resilience projects that will move America toward a clean energy future. We originated the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) model, an innovative, low-cost financing solution that helps homeowners make improvements that dramatically reduce their energy and water use. PACE financing is repaid through the participating property owner’s property tax bill. PACE was named by Scientific American as one of the top 20 ideas that can change the world. Renew Financial is aggressively expanding PACE and other program offerings in California, Florida and nationwide.
Candidates located in Florida or nearby regions (or willing to relocate) are welcome to apply.
The Regional Director, Government Affairs (RD) will lead the efforts in engaging cities, counties and states to join or establish Renew Financial PACE Programs within their region. The RD will manage the daily marketing and outreach activities within their region and will work with RDs from other regions and with other members of RF’s Government Affairs team to refine, adjust and improve the PACE marketing strategy to promote Renew Financial and ultimately expand Renew Financials jurisdictions across the country.
The Regional Director will also assist in developing appropriate state and local policy to support PACE and help governments and stakeholders develop, strengthen, and refine the PACE legal structure. RDs will also work within the PACE structure to help Renew Financial develop and implement a full range of financing products and services.
The RD will maintain a substantial client relationship management role with state and local government officials and will work with executive management and program staff to ensure Renew Financial’s successful performance on public contracts and partnerships.
- Lead regional marketing and public advocacy strategy development and execution, with a focus on public advocacy
- Interface with local government staff and elected officials within interested states, counties and cities through regular meetings, presentations, and calls
- Present at City Council and County Board meetings, as well as other public forums including local business councils and broader government groups
- Conduct educational presentations for additional stakeholders such as local non-profits, contractors and industry associations.
- Oversee development of proposals for states, counties, and cities within the RD assigned region
- Oversee unique aspects of programs within the region and develop strategies to address.
- Build and manage a regional staff as necessary to meet marketing, development, and programmatic needs
- Work with other members of the Government Affairs team to coordinate efforts between regions
- Meet regularly with VP of Government Affairs
- Coordinate with senior program management to ensure successful program implementation within the region
- Represent Renew Financial in local media when necessary
- 5 + years of experience in one of the following areas: Local government or public sector (required); marketing and communication (preferred); finance (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a multi-stakeholder team
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis (at least 50% of the time, including out of state, cross-country travel)
Additional Job Requirements
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency experience a plus
- Spanish language skills are a plus
- Have a strong, well-developed network of contacts among as many well-placed members as possible of the various stakeholder groups within the RD’s assigned region.
- Must be able to perform desk work that may require sitting for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift 20 lbs or more in daily activities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to operate a car
- Must be willing to spend several days a quarter at Oakland, CA headquarters
All applications must include a cover letter. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Learn more here
***Renew Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer***
Job posted: 2019-02-26