Regional Director, Government Relations
San Francisco, CA
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
What you’ll be doing
- Build Skip’s differentiated regulatory brand with riders, policymakers, businesses and community members by delivering true partnerships, focusing on listening and developing solutions to challenges faced in multiple markets in your region.
- Build and lead a team of government relations professionals and external affairs professionals in your region.
- Articulate Skip’s viewpoint, approaches and facilitate the development of new and novel regulatory frameworks in each market, in partnership with product, operations, legal, marketing and communications stakeholders within Skip.
- Help introduce Skip in new areas, and work to develop meaningful and sustained relationships with the communities we strive to serve.
- BA required advanced degree and/or JD preferred
- 6-12+ years work experience in government, political or management consulting, lobbying, in-house GR, political communications
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: city or state government; legislative affairs; urban mobility; politics/campaigns; advocacy
- Exceptional moral compass and sound business judgment
- Demonstrated propensity to roll up your sleeves and do the hard work, build meaningful relationships, and solve problems
- Be curious. Demonstrate the ability not just to listen, but to hear. “Learners” as opposed to “Knowers” do well at Skip.
- Be articulate. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing is essential.
- Strong leadership, ability to build consensus and implement decisions, locally and remotely.
- Understanding of both the regulatory processes and politics involved at the state and local level
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Detail oriented
Openings for West, Midwest, Southeast, Northeast
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-01-03