Regional Director, State Government Affairs – Mid Atlantic Region-20004183
- Direct and supervise lobbying teams to advance legislative and regulatory objectives and protect company’s interests from adverse public policy.
- Prepares and submits presentations, testimony and other official materials to relevant decision-makers to advance specific policy goals and objectives.
- Participate in the management of designated state and national organizations and associations as primary company representative.
- Often acts as company representative within assigned states before legislative and regulatory bodies on high profile issues that are of critical importance to the company.
- Routinely required to develop industry-wide coalitions and manage significant grassroots/PR campaigns relating to key issues.
- Develops actions plans and implements activities that will mitigate negative impact or facilitate positive policy change.
- Provides accurate, timely and insightful responses and analysis regarding various projects and initiatives.
- Analyzes and assesses relevant state and local policies and trends.
- Monitor activities of the assigned state Executive Branches and Legislatures that would potentially impact the industry; alerts and advises leadership on emerging opportunities and concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Job is based in mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. Candidate must reside in that area of the country.
- At least five years government and/or political affairs experience, with an emphasis in state government affairs.
- Knowledge of the political process and functions in the government required.
- At least five years government and/or political affairs experience.
- Familiarity with alcohol industry and related regulatory issues.
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and facilitate internal and external teams.
- Ability to function independently.
- Willing and able to travel.
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America’s most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren’t afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it’s not about what you studied or where you worked, it’s about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America’s leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
As the leading global brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-09