Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regional Field Director
Position: Regional Field Director
Location: Various Locations, WA
The Regional Field Director will implement an innovative, data-driven voter mobilization program by implementing a statewide, direct voter contact effort. The Regional Field Director should be skilled in managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously while maintaining a sharp focus on details. The Regional Field Director will manage a team of Field Organizers.
The person in this position will be expected to work irregular hours, including consecutive nights and weekends, and must have access to a laptop and reliable car transportation and have reliable, consistent, strong internet. The Regional Field Director will report to the Coordinated Campaign Field Director. The salary for this position is $66,000/year with comprehensive health care, vision, and dental coverage; mileage and phone stipends; paid time off, sick leave, bereavement, and paid observed holidays. The position is part of a union collective bargaining agreement and is a full-time position that will run through November of 2022, with an anticipated start date of April 1st. The person in this position is eligible for a longevity bonus in December of 2022. Proof of full vaccination is required. This role will be based in person in Washington State in a location to be determined, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
This position will:
- Directly manage, coach, and train a team of field organizers in Washington State while adhering to aggressive GOTV doorbelling and overall direct voter contact goals.
- Develop regional strategies and systems that lead teams to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics and maintain data integrity.
- Organize at the “grasstops” level, building political leaders and early Neighborhood Team prospects.
- Implement and execute a robust outreach and data-driven field plan encompassing voter contact, volunteer recruitment, grassroots development, and local candidate recruitment.
- In cooperation with the Data Director, utilize rigorous standards for data collection and use within the VoteBuilder platform.
- Promote leadership at every campaign level to build sustainable and permanent grassroots activism.
- Help create a professional staff culture that is upbeat and empowering, with a mind towards greater inclusion, a customer-service attitude, and a willingness to solve problems creatively.
- Participate in and grow our network of supporters and volunteers through various tactics, including but not limited to 1:1 meetings, phone calls, doorbelling, and texting.
- Plan and execute successful, large-scale daily direct voter contact events, including but not limited to doorbelling, phonebanking, and textbanking events.
- In cooperation with the Operations Manager, track your organizing team’s daily and weekly activities to enable real-time adjustments and to guarantee legal and campaign compliance.
- Build and maintain political relationships with local leaders in your region to increase collaboration and trust in the Coordinated Campaign and State Party at large.
- Coach, train, and mentor regional field organizers on effective staff management, effective campaign strategies, including but not limited to recruitment, door-to-door canvassing, and other necessary field tactics.
- Consistently meet deadlines and communicate with Coordinated Campaign leadership when challenges arise that will prevent you and/or your team from meeting your goals.
- Manage on-the-ground relationships with local party organizations to connect members and precinct committee officers to direct voter contact teams within new districts.
- A commitment to creatively solving challenges that will occur with goals, strategies, and tactics.
Regional Field Directors are part of the leadership team and will gain training in workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion; campaign compliance; leadership development; staff recruiting, mentorship, training, and leadership development; strategic planning and implementation; and executive organizational management.
Minimum Experience & Skills
- 2+ cycles experience on statewide or competitive electoral campaigns with demonstrated experience managing and coaching a successful field team.
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a Coordinated Campaign setting.
- Expertise with VoteBuilder platform.
- Have experience managing large-scale projects.
- Be resourceful and able to solve problems on one’s own.
- Excellent data and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and proactively both internally and with external partners and vendors.
- Has a background in promoting equity and inclusion within a staff team.
- A passion for social justice and a commitment to Democratic Party values.
- A friendly and professional member-first demeanor.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with social media tools.
- An understanding that job duties will shift as we are responding to the needs and requirements of Covid.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
This position will remain open until filled, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Regional Field Director Application,” along with a brief description of why you are uniquely qualified for the position. The Washington State Democratic Central Committee strives to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively encourage applicants from historically underrepresented backgrounds, including first-generation college graduates, Black applicants, Indigenous applicants, applicants of color, people with disabilities, and people who identify as part of the LGBTQ* community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job posted: 2022-07-11