Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regional Field Director (South)
While this is a remote position, due to the regional nature of the role,, we have a strong preference for candidates based in or willing to relocate to: Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri or Texas. Must live within 25 miles of a major airport.
The full-time, home office-based Regional Field Director will be responsible for grasstops and grassroots organizing for the purpose of building state and local coalitions and support for federal/state legislative objectives in assigned states.
The Regional Field Director should be experienced in advocacy and understand the nexus of organizing, the legislative process, elections, media/communications, and the strategies/tactics necessary to persuade elected officials. We seek highly motivated team players who can juggle multiple responsibilities and moving targets in a fast-paced environment. Candidates will be comfortable doing “cold” meetings and presentations with potential allies and be able to make spot decisions about the best ways develop those relationships.
- Work with remote national staff to develop and execute state specific strategies and tactics in assigned states.
- Recruit and build coalitions comprised of influential individuals and opinion leaders in targeted state and congressional districts.
- Educate and activate local and statewide organizations and community leaders in support of a legislative agenda.
- Generate grassroots letters and other communications to Members of Congress and state officials.
- Research Congressional and state legislative targets, prospective coalition members, and other potential allies.
- Analyze and track federal and state legislation.
- Plan and execute special projects including press events, in-district events with Members of Congress, and fly-ins on Capitol Hill.
- Travel is approximately 35%.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- 6-8 years experience in public relations, government affairs, organizing or similar political campaign experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the political process including demonstrated ability to recruit and mobilize individuals and organizations in support of public interest objectives.
- Dependable and well-organized; able to multi-task and manage time effectively, meet deadlines, and adapt to the changing priorities of advocacy campaigns.
- Strong computer, oral, and written communication skills.
- Prior Federal or State legislative experience a plus.
Salary starting at $60k with bonus opportunities. Benefits package includes paid medical and dental, FSA, and IRA with match; position open until filled.
Cover letter, resume and writing sample (letter or short policy statement) required. Please send to: email@example.com / subject line: Regional Field Director (South)
Job posted: 2022-06-20