Regional Manager, Government Affairs
Reporting to the Regional Director of Govt Affairs, the Regional Manager of Government Affairs will be responsible for representing and advocating for Cox at the Local, State and Federal levels of government in Louisiana, Florida & Georgia. promotes and advances the interests of the company to enable CCI to operate in its markets without undue legislation, regulation, or taxation restrictions. The Manager leverages extensive professional networks developed and maintained, as well as a strong and evolving knowledge base to play a highly influential role through diverse accountabilities. Role accountabilities include but are not limited to: ensuring CCI’s compliance with licensing and other regulations at the federal, state and local levels; representing and advocating for CCI’s interests regarding public policy that furthers the interests of the company. The Manager also supports business development by advocating for and representing CCI subsidiaries, lines of business, and/or other Cox divisions doing business in states, locations or regions supported by the role.
The Manager contributes to the development of 12-18 mo. strategies based on known issues and successfully executes the strategy once approved. Also plays an important role in employee engagement, PAC involvement, education for employees and elected officials, as well as other grass roots and community involvement activities serving to elevate the company’s presence and brand within the markets served. The role works with a high level of accountability and autonomy and may or may not have direct reports.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Local Government Relations:
- Oversee the Company’s outreach in the SE Region to elected/government officials at all levels of government;
- Develop and manage external relationships on a local, state and federal government level, including Local Franchise Authorities (LFA’s), cable administrators, elected officials and other key government staff;
- Develop and execute government affairs strategies that advance the goals and objectives of the company;
- Oversee regulatory inquiries and issues raised by SE Region elected/government officials;
- Prepare and present a variety of verbal and/or written reports to Local government offices, State offices and Congressional offices.
- Manage the Company’s local cable franchises in the Southeast Territory.
- Draft and negotiate license/franchise agreements and renewals at the local and state level (where applicable);
- Ensures boundary partners are informed of the terms and complaint with license/franchise agreements and provide updates to leadership as needed;
- Ensure franchise terms are aligned with state and federal law;
- Oversee notifications (e.g. cable franchise-required notifications), and respond to inquiries, problems and issues raised by municipalities, state and federal officials or agencies;
- Work with other departments to assist with permitting, right of way, license, and legal issues;
- Send regular communications to municipalities for any channel changes or rate increases, etc. (to comply with FCC rules);
- Manage inquiries and serve as the “point” person for local franchising authorities.
Lobbying and Advocacy:
- Collaborates to develop and execute government affairs strategies in the market/state that advance the goals and objectives of the company at the local/state/federal levels of government;
- Advocates for the company on key policy issues and initiatives with elected officials and staff;
- Testifies/presents at municipal meetings, as necessary, to represent and advocate for the company’s interests on any matters that may have the potential to impact the business;
- Continually evaluates results of government relations activities, develops strategies, and adjusts activities to meet changing political conditions;
- Manage relationships with local and state trade associations, industry partners, and lobbying firms to communicate company goals and objectives. Required to ensure alignment on issues and government affairs strategy;
- Coaches management on tactics for maintaining good relationships with public entities and appearances before local, state and federal elected officials;
- Coordinate with Cox Enterprises team in Washington D.C. to support their advocacy efforts;
- Prepare local economic impact reports;
- Attend fundraising events and manage local political contribution requests;
- Tracking for lobbying reports and expenses and time expended with elected officials & staff.
- Serve as a spokesperson, ambassador and facilitator for government, regulatory and legal affairs issues, acting as a key company contact in community and business organizations;
- Represent Cox on designated business, trade and community organization boards and committees as directed;
- Plan and execute employee political engagement programs and regional/market communications;
- May represent Cox in non-profit or business-related boards and events that have business impact or to secure stakeholder engagement;
- Supports the execution of community events that support or align with public policy issues across the region.
Process and Procedure Development:
- Coordinate the development of government and legal/regulatory affairs processes and procedures by working cross organizationally;
- Manage alignment and consistency in people practices, management activities, and customer service delivery in an effort to achieve goals;
- Resolve technical and organizational problems through effective project management and process improvement efforts as needed;
- Develop policies and procedures for department to standardize practices;
- Participate in hiring decisions, employee development, training and managing performance. Motivates and provides coaching to achieve department and company goals;
- May be responsible for government affairs budgeting;
- Depending on local market needs, may be required to exercise autonomy in decision making, actions, and influence to meeting with local officials.
Cross-Functional Company Support:
- Provides Market Leader support as needed, such as involvement on issues that may require alignment of company position on policy measures;
- Assist other departments with permitting, right of way, franchise and legal issues that arise;
- Provide regular updates to boundary partners to ensure legal, regulatory, and company compliance;
- Participate in ad-hoc, cross-functional teams to accomplish government relations and local strategic goals and initiatives for the company;
- Use exceptional interpersonal skills to motivate, network and collaborate with other team members in accomplishing company objectives;
- Lend governmental process knowledge and negotiation skills to other departments to facilitate operational success;
- Provide support to the company’s political engagement programs for employees including the Political Action Committee (PAC) and Cox Advocacy Network;
- Provide support to the Government Affairs Director & Public & Government Affairs Vice President, and other key leaders on projects and issues as needed;
- Other duties assigned outside of business as usual activity.
- Coordinate on multi-functional projects in collaboration with Cox Business, Cox Media as well as divisions of Cox Enterprises;
- Work with economic development officials and regional business leaders to support revenue generation growth;
- Assist in creating economic development and business service strategies in collaboration with Cox Business, Hospitality Network, and Cox Media;
- Partner with representatives from other Cox Subsidiaries and divisions (CEI & CAI) as needed for tips on new developments and to leverage networks;
- Track marketing trends and business climate changes that impact business decisions;
- Recognize political issues and market conditions that can impact business development or emerging issues.
- BS/BA in related discipline (i.e. political science, law, business, communications, etc.) is material for success in the role and is therefore strongly preferred/expected.
- 5 or more years of experience required in government relations/lobbying, related legal or relevant government staff position(s), and/or public policy. (3 or more years of highly relevant experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.)
- Possesses established relationships with elected and key government staff, business and trade associations, and state and local lobbying community.
- Demonstrated professional, executive image when representing the company.
- Excellent leadership, presentation, collaborative, and negotiation skills to work effectively with teams inside and outside the organization.
- Must possess effective writing, public speaking, collaboration, organization, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and secondary research skills.
- Strong project management expertise with an ability to reach targeted goals in a highly unstructured environment.
- Ability to work independently and productively in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to motivate and lead ad-hoc, multi-disciplined project teams of highly skilled associates in resolving critical operational issues in a teaming environment.
- Requires strong knowledge of applications such Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to perform confidential assignments using initiative and judgment.
- Ability to travel and have overnights outside of residence is required and may occur over 25% of the time.
- Certification may be required in some areas (i.e. lobbying registration).
- Fundraising or Campaign experience
- Lobbying skills and experience
- Applicable experience related to public utility commission/telecom regulatory issues preferred.
- Knowledge of telecommunications, broadband, and CATV industry and technologies preferred.
- Experience with local, state govt affairs issues is strongly preferred
- Experience with federal government govt affairs a plus /optional
- Issues management and PAC experience desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-01