Regional Manager, Government Affairs – Northeast Region
Regional Manager, Government Affairs – Northeast Region
Are you a self-starter who is highly collaborative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced operating environment? Are you able to employ good judgment, flexibility, critical thinking, and a practical approach? If so, this coupled with the right experience might be just the role for you!
This opportunity requires experience with the state and local government and regulatory agencies in the Northeast as well as the ability to understand technical concepts in the fast-paced housing, economic development, e-commerce, and digital spaces.
Expedia is seeking a candidate for the position of Regional Manager, Government Affairs for the Northeast. The Regional Manager, Government Affairs is responsible for strategic engagement, development, and coordination of company resources, advocates, coalitions, and assets for the Company and its affiliated campaigns. The primary responsibility for this role will be to develop and lead government relations strategies in coordination with national/global strategy and internal business, legal, and communications teams. This is a full-time, salaried, opportunity and is eligible for Expedia Groups’ outstanding benefits!
In collaboration with the State & Local Government Affairs team, the Regional Manager will have strategic oversight of, and responsibility for, crafting and sustaining Expedia’s public policy operations in the Northeast. Key components of the role will be proactively engaging elected officials and community partners at the state government and local level to provide education and advocacy information to help global audiences understand Expedia’s policy positions.
What you will do:
- Develop immediate and long-term campaign objectives.
- Lead, maintain, and engage a network of industry advocates and coalitions.
- Implement an ongoing campaign to keep supporters educated and motivated.
- Identify and track regulatory concerns and opportunities at local and state government levels.
- Lead government relations assets and resources.
- Develop creative concepts for outreach to and engagement with existing and potential new supporters.
- Serve as an advocacy resource for the Company.
- Provide support to the Public Affairs team in drafting, editing, and posting blogs and other creative content.
- Cultivate relationships with organizations, coalitions, and other industry groups and leaders to help advance advocacy organization.
Who you are:
- You have experience and demonstrated understanding in advocacy/public policy, community organization/mobilization, media/communications, and grassroots advocacy strategy development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of local and state government activities and structures.
- Possess the skills to assess the local and state political landscapes related to advocacy issues.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work optimally with volunteers, staff, and the public as part of a team.
- Proven record to simultaneously prioritize multiple, sophisticated projects in varying stages of development under time constraints.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for the use of technology and information systems.
- Proven ability to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications and legislative challenges.
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes.
- You are able to think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and build a concise and well-written narrative to express it.
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing, or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you!
Our family of travel brands includes Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE, and Traveldoo®
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24