Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regional Manager Government & Public Affairs
In the United States, the LafargeHolcim family of companies offer an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. We support the nation’s prosperity because a good infrastructure is at the heart of a good economy. We expect that the market will continue to grow given the increased demand for infrastructure development.
LafargeHolcim is a trusted, credible and reliable partner. With a proven track record and strong supply network, we are committed to our customers’ success and are well-equipped to exceed expectations. We remain one step ahead, anticipating trends and highlighting new technologies.
The Regional Manager, Government & Public Affairs will lead and build a state government affairs program that advances the U.S. business model and increases profitability through public policy development and government decision making.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Manage all aspects of LafargeHolcim’s state government affairs for MA, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA and WI, including advocacy development and political strategy development.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to Health & Safety policies and practices in all work environments and areas.
- Directly advocate on behalf of LafargeHolcim’s interests with state elected officials and agencies to advance the company’s government and public affairs interests.
- Build and maintain relationships with Governors, members of the State Legislature, State Attorney Generals and their respective staff.
- Manage LafargeHolcim participation in the Western Governors Association, CSG-West, or similar professional organizations.
- Build and maintain relationships with state DOT, DEQ & DNR Directors, and other key state Departments and their respective policy staff.
- Manage state lobbying, including contract lobbyists.
- Lead participation in key state government affairs trade associations, councils and business groups.
- Take an active role in ALEC, NCSL, CSG, or other policy organizations.
- Promote effective relationships with NGO, ENGO, industry, consumer and professional groups.
- Analyze proposed state administrative and legislative actions and their impact to the organization.
- Serve as an internal expert on stakeholder relations, site permitting and reputation management.
- Develop a state political contributions strategy.
- Responsible for providing tools for operations and Area Environment and Public Affairs Managers, designed to maintain and build relationships with local government entities.
- Keep current with all regional state and local environmental legal, lobbying and ethics requirements and monitor developments and changes.
- Manage budget, including formulating the budget during the planning process and reviewing/explaining monthly variances
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Liaise regularly with Communications, Land, Environment & Public Affairs, Sales and Marketing, Business Unit GM’s and manufacturing operations to ensure common approaches, standardization in the U.S., and to obtain best practices.
Education: Bachelor Degree
Additional Education Preferred: Master’s degree
Field of Study Preferred: Political Science, Communications, Law, Economics
Required Work Experience: 10+ years working in State government in either the Legislative or Executive branch, or similar experience in a major County or City government
Required Computer and Software Skills: Demonstrate computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work as part of a team to ensure continuous improvement in functional area as well as the overall operations
- Strong problem solving skills, interpreting rules, laws and agreements
- Construction materials and/or manufacturing industry background a plus
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-03