Regional Political Director
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) seeks a Southern Pacific Regional Political Director based in Los Angeles to oversee pro-Israel political activity throughout the southern Pacific region (Southern CA, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Hawaii). AIPAC is a registered domestic lobby whose principal mission is to work with Congress on legislation that strengthens the United States and Israel. As a member of the Southern Pacific Region’s senior staff, the RPD is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Increase the political participation of the pro-Israel community within the region and train AIPAC members to build effective relationships with their elected officials
- Manage AIPAC’s legislative mobilizations within the region
- Provide senior level insight to the regional office and Political team
- Conduct educational briefings with candidates for federal office
- Organize and speak at political briefings in communities throughout the region to encourage active political participation
- Track and analyze local campaign activity
- Speak in public forums to educate and engage new and current activists to facilitate pro-Israel activism in their communities
- Manage the daily activity of the Southern Pacific political department
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship and commitment to AIPAC’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 5 years of political experience (working on political campaigns, or on Capitol Hill) or other relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously across several teams within the Southern Pacific region
- A collaborative personal style
- Knowledge of Middle East current events
- Please provide cover letter with resume to be considered. Incomplete applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
- If applying for more than one position please use the ‘Attachments’ function to attach position specific cover letter.
- Please use your legal name when completing the employment application. (No nicknames)
- AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-14