Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regional PR Specialist
Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our Field Communications Team.
As a Regional PR Specialist, you will help manage strategic external communications for Amazon at the local level, specifically in New York City. The ideal candidate would be based in this geographic area with an ability to travel regularly to other Amazon sites across the region, and have established relationships, or the ability to quickly establish relationships, with local media, stakeholders, and community leaders.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, and a talent for collaboration. You should have experience delivering results with high standards under tight deadlines, and be comfortable and confident as an on the record spokesperson and the face of Amazon in your territory. Creativity and flexibility are a must, as well as knack for jumping in on projects where needed.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and manage the execution of external media engagement programs in cities with Amazon sites, such as high-visibility building milestone events, community donations with local elected officials, press facility tours and filming opportunities, and other media relations activities
• Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
• Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs
• Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials for Amazon businesses
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges
• Build and maintain relationships with key local and trade media
• Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson
- Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of public relations experience engaging directly with media
- Understanding of established and emerging social media platforms
• Exemplary written and oral communications skills
• Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
• Think and communicate clearly – the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
• Work hard and smart
• Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job posted: 2022-06-22