Regional Public Relations Manager, AMZL
Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our operations communication team.
This role will be responsible for managing strategic external communications and community relations for Amazon Logistics in the Midwest region.
The ideal candidate would be based in this geographic area with an ability to travel regularly to communities where Amazon Logistics operates and have established relationships, or the ability to quickly establish relationships with locally-based media, stakeholders, and community leaders.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will have strong media contacts/relationships and the ability to work at internet-speed, create and deliver major campaigns, and a talent for collaboration and working independently. They should have experience delivering results with high standards under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
Core job responsibilities:
· Collaboratively build and execute external media engagement programs in cities with Amazon operations such as high-visibility building milestone events, community donations with local elected officials, press facility tours and filming opportunities, and other media relations activities
· Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs
· Develop news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials for Amazon’s operations business
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges
· Build and maintain relationships with key consumer and trade media – both national and local in audience
· Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· 7+ years public relations or strategic communications experience
· Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time to communities across the West Coast region and to Seattle for in-person meetings, events and engagements
· Bachelor’s degree
· Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Creativity and the ability to develop fresh concepts for generating media coverage
· Ideally having worked for public relations or public affairs agency on diverse reputational issues
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-21