Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regional Vice President
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has a new opportunity for a Regional Vice President in our State Affairs Department. This position will effectively represent and advocate for membership interests while working to achieve association advocacy goals and objectives. States covered: Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and Utah.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Coordinates and implements issue management for specific advocacy priorities and efforts in assigned states.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with state insurance trade associations, key state legislators, state insurance department staff, and non-insurance allies on pertinent issues.
- Manages advocacy communications with member companies on the status of NAMIC strategic objectives in designated states, providing expeditious response to member needs and promoting government affairs priorities and opportunities.
- Produces and delivers testimony, news releases, speeches, commentary, and NAMIC publications as assigned.
- Promotes member participation in NAMIC’s Congressional Contact Program and in the NAMIC PAC.
- Creates regular updates in assigned areas for management report.
- Shows fiscal responsibility in managing NAMIC budget for designated states.
- Three years of experience in a government affairs function, legislative setting (staff or lobbyist with direct legislator interaction) or working for a trade association preferred.
- Experience in issue management required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Familiarity with NCOIL, NCSL, ALEC, NAIC and other organizations affecting state insurance laws and regulations preferred.
- Ability to travel as much as 50 percent of the time during peak periods (January to June).
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check and must possess an acceptable MVR.
NAMIC is proud to have been selected as one of the Best Places to Work! We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package with this full-time position. Benefits include access to group medical, dental and vision; a matched 401(k) plan; one paid day each year to volunteer with the charity of your choice; generous paid vacation; and more! We have a friendly yet professional work atmosphere where everyone enjoys working hard for the good of our members.
NAMIC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.
Job posted: 2022-06-18