Regional Vice President
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC), has a new opportunity for a Regional Vice President on our Government Affairs team. The successful candidate in this high-visibility position will effectively represent and advocate for membership interests while working to achieve association objectives. States covered include: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York.
Essential functions include:
- Coordinate and implement issue management for specific advocacy priorities and efforts in assigned states.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with state insurance trade associations, key state legislators, state insurance department staff, and non-insurance allies on relevant issues.
- Manage advocacy communications to inform member companies on the status of NAMIC strategic objectives in designated states, providing expeditious response to member needs and promoting government affairs priorities and opportunities.
- Produce and deliver testimony, news releases, speeches, commentary and NAMIC publications as assigned.
- Promote member participation in NAMIC’s Congressional Contact Program and in the NAMIC PAC.
- Seven to ten years of experience in a government affairs function, legislative setting (staff or lobbyist with direct legislator interaction), or working for a trade association preferred.
- Experience in issue management required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Familiarity with NCOIL, NCSL, ALEC, NAIC and other organizations affecting state insurance laws and regulations preferred.
- Ability to travel as much as 75 percent of the time during peak periods (January to June).
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check and must possess an acceptable MVR.
NAMIC is a business trade association in operation since 1895 with over 1,400 property/casualty insurance companies in its membership. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package with this full-time position. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) with immediate entry and company match; generous paid vacation; one paid volunteer day annually; and more! One of the best things we offer is a talented group of co-workers and a pleasant and stable office environment. For confidential consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to Jenn Steidler, HR Manager, at RegionalVicePresident@namic.org
For more information about NAMIC, please go to www.namic.org.
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2019-03-14