Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory Affairs & Administration Policy Director
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will draft comment letters and analyze regulatory policy specifically related to hospital payment policy with a focus on how data and analytics can drive quality improvement within the acute-care setting. You will assist with Vizient advocacy efforts within the administration and with other policymakers.
- Track, analyze, and summarize health care regulatory developments of interest to Vizient and its members with a specific focus on hospital quality measurement and outcomes, Medicare payment policy, particularly related to Part A and alternative payment models, and health information technology and health care public rankings, among others.
- Lead responses to proposed regulations with detailed comment letters incorporating both the feedback of Vizient membership and specific data points as provided by our Center for Advanced Analytics.
- Create materials, both simple and complex, to communicate regulatory developments to Vizient employees and members.
- Identify opportunities to support Vizient’s members through communication and collaboration with government agencies (e.g., Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) and other external stakeholders.
- Engage, as needed, with key administration officials and policymakers to advance regulatory policy priorities.
- Present key regulatory updates and policies to Vizient internal and external stakeholders including Vizient members, policymakers, outside groups such as trade associations, among others.
- Relevant degree desired.
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in conducting regulatory analysis required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate scientific data, regulatory policy, and regulatory guidelines within health care.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain company confidential and proprietary information.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills.
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders and build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrate cross-functional expertise and thrive in a highly complex environment.
- Ability to travel regularly and expeditiously throughout the year.
Estimated Hiring Range:
$102,400.00 – $152,200.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Job posted: 2022-04-19