Regulatory Affairs Associate
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Regulatory Affairs Associate, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading NIOSH, NFPA, and Intrinsic Safety certifications for respiratory protection products.
- Communicating with governmental, commercial testing and certification agencies to facilitate product certifications.
- Maintaining certification records as mandated by division, corporate and/or external policies for assigned product lines.
- Leading product teams to identify certification risks, opportunities, developments, and future certification requirements for new and existig respiratory PPE products.
- Communicate with business management, division and corporate staff, manufacturing facilities, and regulatory bodies.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum four (4) years of product experience in an industry with regulations working in product certification regulatory affairs, laboratory and/or quality within a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in science or engineering from an accredited institution
- Working knowledge of respiratory and PPE products and product certification activities
- Minimum of six (6) years product (ex. Respiratory, PPE, medical device) experience in industry with regulations working in product certification regulatory affairs, laboratory and/or quality within a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience working with commercial and governmental regulatory agencies
- Experience with codes and standards such as UL, CSA, NFPA, NIOSH, ASTM and ANSI
- Experience with certification agencies such as UL, Intertek, NIOSH, SGS, CSA and TUV SUD
- Experience and knowledge of firefighting equipment
- Knowledge of respiratory protection methods
- Exceptional organization, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work well within a group setting
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-15