Regulatory Affairs Associate
Regulatory Affairs Associate
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman, 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
The person hired for the position of Regulatory Affairs Associate in Automotive Aftermarket Division will be a product EHS&R professional that will work across a variety of products and markets. This is an entry level position focused on raw materials compliance management and core product maintenance requirements for the division with future opportunities for growth into expanded responsibilities. We’re looking for a person who is collaborative, a great communicator, has excellent judgement, and can perform in a fast-paced, growing, global division.
As a Regulatory Affairs Associate, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading activities to support the regulatory compliance, Life Cycle Management and sustainability requirements for existing and new products.
- Managing division raw material compliance processes.
- Developing and maintaining documentation relevant to assessment of risk to human health and the environment.
- Following, analyzing and communicating the impact of chemical of concerns and upcoming regulations.
- Effectively managing activities sensitive to matters of confidentiality / non-disclosure.
- Working well in teams, as an individual contributor, as a facilitator, and leader.
- Collaborating within and outside the organization, at all levels, both locally and globally.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of regulatory experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with CDMS database
- Experience working in regulatory, medical device, product responsibility, manufacturing and/or EHSR corporate staff in work history
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Experience working on a cross functional team
- Microsoft Office proficient
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic or international
Relocation Assistance: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain “non-U.S. persons” (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, “Temporary Residents” (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees’ U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company’s sole election.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-01