Regulatory Affairs Director
Regulatory Affairs Director
Enervee empowers consumers to make better energy-related buying decisions – from choosing the most energy efficient consumer products to investing in solar and EVs. Enervee pioneered the use of choice engines in the energy industry, and we’re at the forefront of using new data, software technology and behavioral insights – coupled with state-of-the-art digital marketing – to transform how utilities engage their customers and how all of us shop.
How you are going to make an impact
Enervee seeks an experienced Regulatory Affairs Director to own the demand side management and electrification/decarbonization regulatory strategy and requirements for our programs to deliver energy savings for large electric and gas utilities. You will be responsible for building relationships with utility DSM/regulatory teams and state regulatory agencies, as well as managing engagements with independent evaluators. You will report to the Chief Growth Officer and work closely with the Sales, Customer Success and Market Development teams. Our Regulatory Affairs Director can be located anywhere in the US and you will be working closely with team members and partners located in Pacific, Central and Eastern time zones.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensuring programs meet DSM regulatory requirements. Responsibility for the cost effectiveness requirements for claiming energy savings across the US and Canada. Advocating for changes in workpapers, TRMs or other requirements where needed.
- Supporting sales and customer success. Working closely with Enervee team leads for current utility partners and potential partners to ensure we are delivering against their energy savings and cost effectiveness goals. Proactively engaging with the utility to ensure our programs are included and well positioned in DSM/other regulatory filings.
- Own Enervee relationships with regulators. Developing trusted relationships with state regulators to keep them updated on Enervee’s capabilities and intervening in proceedings where needed.
- Oversee and manage evaluation activities. Responsibility for all third party evaluations being conducted on Enervee’s utility partner programs.
Why You Will Love Being Part of Enervee
People are our greatest asset and we want to empower our Regulatory Affairs Director to help achieve our vision!
- We celebrate diversity, encourage Innovation, work collaboratively, and practice transparency
- Sustainability is our business model as well as our mode of operation
- We’re passionate about our partners and we genuinely appreciate them
- We are led by an experienced leadership team committed to empowerment and passionate about professional development and growth
How We Care
The well-being of our employees is pivotal, and we address this through various perks and initiatives we periodically assess and enhance. We care about your present as well as your future and provide competitive compensation in addition to the following:
- 401K retirement saving plan with an above industry average employer match
- Every employee has a stake in our mission with our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision plans (100% Employer paid for employees and at 50% for Dependents) + Employer covered life and AD&D insurance + Access to health, well-being, personal development and counseling resources
- Unrestricted PTO + Flexible work schedule + Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Online meal delivery program for employees through GrubHub
- Mission aligned company events, including volunteering
- Choose your own devices program
What you bring to the team
- Highest personal integrity and passion for advancing sustainability
- A relevant Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- 5+ years of experience leading a regulatory affairs team in utilities
- Deep understanding of utility DSM programs, regulatory and cost effectiveness requirements in North America
- Track record of successful utility DSM regulatory advocacy that has led to tangible business growth
- Prior experience interfacing with and managing third party evaluations for utility energy efficiency programs
- Acumen to identify, prioritize & track critical issues from among the vast number of ongoing proceedings, aligning effort with business needs
- Comfortable working cross functionally
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) and working with models/forecasts in Google Sheets
- Willingness to travel for meetings and conferences (when it’s safe)
- Experience in behavioral change and clean energy regulation would be a major plus
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-28