Regulatory Affairs Director, Corporate Strategy & Public Policy – Utility Renewables
This is a remote position.
Director of Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Strategy – Utility & Renewables
LOCATION: Austin, TX area- Relocation Assistance available
A leading developer and operator of high voltage transmission line systems is looking to grow its Corporate Leadership Team with the addition of a Regulatory Director. It will work hand-in-hand with the CFO on creating a new regulatory platform that increases the operational efficiencies between internal stakeholders (Project Management, Contract Management, Legal, and Regulatory Compliance). The Regulatory Director also leads external regulatory affairs with a focus on ERCOT / PUCT based innovative advocacy initiatives that create new opportunities and optimized solutions.
This is a critical and highly influential role for the organization that works directly with the company’s Executive Team and C-Level staff on special projects across the organization as part of a holistic approach to Regulatory Affairs, Corporate Governance / Legal , Project Management, and Contract Management. The incumbent will build their own team and be leaned on to develop/implement a strategic vision to accomplish this goal with full support from the CEO and CFO.
The scope of their operations includes transmission (t-line), substation, regional control centers, and distribution systems with interconnects to both utility-scale solar and wind assets that require compliance with NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) and NERC Reliability Standards.
The role offers a competitive compensation package that includes great benefits as well as both long-term and short-term incentives.
Director of Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Strategy – Responsibilities:
- The Regulatory Director / Regulatory Affairs Director develops and implements corporate strategies in cohesion with executive management and outside counsel that provides real-time solutions for ERCOT/PUCT regulatory proceedings as well as filing initiatives
- The Regulatory Director / Regulatory Affairs Director identifies/creates ERCOT based growth opportunities and financially economic risk mitigation strategies through market participation as well as public policy
- The Regulatory Director / Regulatory Affairs Director creates a comprehensive framework for contracts management that emphasizes regulatory and governmental policies/procedures
- The Regulatory Director / Regulatory Affairs Director engages in industry conferences, workshops, and ERCOT / PUCT regulatory networking events to stay on top of industry trends that could impact the company or utility rates
- The Regulatory Director / Regulatory Affairs Director acts as the company’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advocate for ERCOT and PUCT policy agendas
- The Regulatory Director / Regulatory Affairs Director develops effective communication strategies to coordinate state/federal agencies, utilities, rate orders, and relevant national associations (ERCOT, NERC, TRE, and PUCT)
Director of Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Strategy – Skills/Requirements:
- 10+ years of relevant regulatory affairs, governance, rate case, testimony proceedings, and/or rulemaking policy experience in the Utility or Electrical Transmission sector
- 5+ years of corporate leadership and stakeholder management experience dealing with regulatory bodies like ERCOT and Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT)
- STRONG background in process improvement and project management frameworks
- Direct experience with PUCT related contract management initiatives
- Utility / renewable energy Regulatory affairs, regulatory compliance, or regulatory policy experience in some or all of the following: rate cases, tariffs, ICA (Interim Capital Additions), testimony proceedings, settlement meetings, and CCNs (Certificates of Convenience and Necessity)
- Prefer experience in working with ERCOT, PUCT, TRE, or other similarly structured regulatory bodies and Independent System Operator (ISOs)
- Working knowledge of current ERCOT, NERC, FERC, PUCT, and TRE operating policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Understanding of transmission operations activities, physical grid operations, regional control centers, planning, and business strategy in relation to regulatory affairs initiatives
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-06