Regulatory Affairs Energy Procurement Policy Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Regulatory Affairs Energy Procurement Policy Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll provide key regulatory project management and policy development leadership on cross-functional teams of operational, strategy, regulatory, legal, and finance experts. You will perform case management for various regulatory proceedings before the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Primary focus is on proceedings related to energy procurement, including renewable energy programs, SCE’s bundled procurement plan, and approval for energy procurement contracts. Due to the complexities and interrelationships of regulatory issues in these proceedings, the case management function requires advanced cross-organizational project management and relationship management skills. Because this position is strategically aligned with SCE’s operational and regulatory goals, you will serve as an advisor to senior and executive management as well as external stakeholders. Your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Identify and resolve SCE operational and regulatory policy issues, and develop policy positions, related to energy procurement.
- Execute project management tasks, including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling work activities.
- Develop regulatory documents such as Applications, Advice Letters, Testimony, and Comments.
- Manage timely responses to discovery requests.
- Communicate the status of proceedings to SCE executives and internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare witnesses and support for evidentiary hearings.
- Analyze and communicate regulatory rulings, proposed and final decisions, and draft and final resolutions.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Business, Economics, Engineering, Public Policy, or a related discipline.
- Seven or more years of leading and/or providing strategic support for large projects.
- Experience reading and understanding regulatory policy documents.
- Experience with regulatory case management or regulatory practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience writing regulatory filings.
- Understanding of utility energy procurement practices / strategies.
You should know …
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Learn more here #LI-MM
Job posted: 2020-08-19