Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory Affairs – Examination Management – Lead Associate REF10699G
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will facilitate regulatory oversight engagements and ensure management awareness of progress and issues. Prepare responses in standard formats to regulatory agencies. Interact with regulators in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulation. Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to planning, directing, and/or executing procedures by the organization to comply with laws or regulations governing how it conducts its business. Develop procedures or business processes that are compliant and instruct managers in their use.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Regulatory Affairs – Program Management – Lead Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Support the development of business unit strategies to address regulatory issues and concerns.
- Act as internal consultant for the compliance/ethics staff and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learnings. Advise management of significant findings.
- Gather data, reports, and documentation pertinent to regulatory requests and engagements with regulatory agencies. Support implementation of optimal solutions considering policies, standards and current regulations.
- Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver training to staff in regulatory engagements.
- Lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert and to ensure that pertinent regulatory concerns are addressed in the project’s outcomes.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in financial services with a regulator and/or regulated entity is required
- Direct interaction as the primary point of contact with senior management and/or regulators is required
- Experience developing background information to brief senior management on new developments
- Experience managing complex projects independently and recognizing when to escalate issues
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of efficiency while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple ongoing special projects involving regulatory or business-related issues that could have significant impacts on the company, under short deadlines, in a fast-paced environment, requiring collaboration across divisions
- Strong relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven leadership, strong sense of accountability, and ownership of responsibilities
- Master’s or other advanced degree preferred
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com
The hiring range for this role is set forth above. Final salaries will generally vary within that range based on factors that include but are not limited to, skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and other relevant qualifications. This position is eligible to participate in a Fannie Mae incentive program (subject to the terms of the program). As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Fannie Mae offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle, and other benefits and perks that enhance an employee’s physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being. See more here.
Job posted: 2023-01-03