Regulatory Affairs Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
About the Team:
Our Legal & Compliance team is responsible for all legal, procurement, and compliance-related matters.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Regulatory Affairs Manager is responsible for maintaining key relationships between Camelot Illinois & the IL lottery leadership team. Filing necessary applications and handling all government interactions.
- Act as a key liaison with the Department of Lottery to support an effective working relationship between Camelot and Lottery leadership
- Key conduit of formal correspondence between Camelot and the Lottery
Manage the reporting cycle
- Oversee reporting requirements from Camelot to the Lottery to ensure a high standard of delivery and adherence to all timeframes. This includes:
- Monthly governance report
- Quarterly Lottery Control Board meeting
- Writing the annual business plan
- Compiling business cases to support project initiatives
Develop and maintain internal expertise
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including the executive, senior management, and key business functions.
- Maintains a high level of engagement across key business activities and initiatives to enable self-supporting navigation of the reporting deliverables
- Manages approval requirements per the Private Management Act (“PMA”)
- Works closely with the legal team to ensure that Camelot delivers in accordance with its requirements under the PMA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- 5 plus years of public affairs/legal/compliance-related experience.
- Previous experience in a similar communications or public relations role.
- Ability to handle sensitive or proprietary company information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to manage multi-stakeholder projects while delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, flexible, self-reliant, problem solver, results-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that are committed to powering possibilities–for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination, we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of doing good, being accountable, staying connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative, and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave, and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private-sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity, and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16