Regulatory Affairs Manager
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The Legal team helps DocuSign achieve strategic goals, manage legal risk, and preserve the legal and ethical integrity of the company. We are regularly involved in critical, complex operations, and partner across the business to solve challenging problems to support our growth and progress globally. We focus on providing thorough analysis and offer legal advice to foster sound decision-making and ensuring compliance with legal and other relevant standards and certifications.
As Regulatory Affairs Manager, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities related to managing the operations for our Regulatory Affairs team. You will partner with our compliance, risk, infosec, engineering, and other teams to execute on operations related to corporate compliance. As we expand our offerings globally, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact.
We are looking for a high performer who is adaptable, loves to learn and operates with a high degree of integrity. We also are looking for someone who has a vision as to what legal support for Regulatory Affairs should look like. You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and love taking on a new challenge. You support the business by thinking outside of the box while always protecting DocuSign and its trust brand. You are passionate about technology and its impact on our profession and world. You are a self-starter who would be a great fit for our hard working, experienced and fun team.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Legal Director, Innovation Services and Regulatory / Government Affairs.
- Maintain proficient understanding of Compliance Risk Management Framework and policies, as well as applicable laws, regulations, regulator guidance, and leading compliance standards being tracked.
- Enhance existing engagement model and serve as a trusted business partner representing the Regulatory Affairs organization to corporate functions, business lines, and other stakeholders.
- Partner with the Compliance team by advising on operationalization of legal requirements including in the areas of controls and monitoring, remediation/corrective action of compliance breakdowns, and continuous refinement of the foregoing based on changes in law or regulation.
- Manage, maintain and communicate relevant policies, standards and procedures.
- Assist and drive local governance program delivery, including process management, reporting, drafting and reviewing materials for senior management and the Board of directors, and other governance activities
- Evaluate self-identified issues and events for compliance impacts.
- Provide Regulatory Affairs program governance, administration, business attestation review, metrics/reporting, and training.
- Anticipate, identify, and escalate risk scenarios early and propose potential mitigations.
- Recommend appropriate risk and compliance training, and evaluate additional training needs.
- Active involvement with compliance testing and third party compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in compliance, or legal, or audit
- At least 5 years of experience supporting, partnering, and interacting with internal business clients
- 7+ years of experience in compliance, legal or audit.
- High attention to detail.
- Gravitation towards designing and implementing processes that scale.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and interact with all levels of the business with ease.
- Great judgment, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with, influence, and inform diverse groups, including peers and business partners.
- Dedicated to providing top-notch client-oriented service and possessing strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics.
- General understanding of cloud and software industries, including SaaS model, and a strong desire to work on tough legal issues in these areas.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-28