Regulatory Affairs Manager
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
This position is part of our cross-functional team responsible for reporting on policy and regulatory proceedings, and ensuring continuous research and analysis is conducted. The foundation of this role requires a strong understanding of utility commissions and policy issues, coupled with broad knowledge of the larger energy efficiency and the utility services market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Coordinate, track and report out on key policy and regulatory proceedings on priority issues in select jurisdictions, by way of:
- Attending industry association policy calls, utility commission technical conferences and NARUC conferences.
- Mining industry association resources, prioritized utility commission dockets, industry publications research reports, and general news publications.
- Support regulatory research needs identified by Sales, Proposals, Product Management and Programs & Services teams.
- Preparing policy summaries that impact the business and disseminating them to key stakeholders across the company.
- Represent the company in front of utility commissions, state government, trade associations and other stakeholders to listen to their views, communicate the company’s value propositions, and find common ground in key policy, program design, cost recovery and other topics. Activities include:
- Craft and convey key company advocacy positions on policy and regulatory matters;
- Meet with utility commissioners, policymakers, coalition members and other stakeholders; testify and speak at hearings, working group meetings, and technical conferences; and,
- Draft public comments, white papers and other written documents related regulatory proceedings, often in coordination with allies and trade associations.
- Administer process for distilling and disseminating key policy and regulatory updates to key stakeholders within the Company, periodically improving it to be more useful to all involved.
- Support updates of the Market Development and Regulatory Strategy Plan, business development and key account planning and management
- Collaborate work with Sales, Proposals, Product Management and Programs & Services teams, and others, to ensure that:
- Regulatory research, analysis and advocacy needs central to company growth are addressed; and,
- Regulatory strategy and priorities are aligned with growth strategy and client management objectives.
- Manage administrative elements of industry association memberships, and conference attendance planning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Policy, or other discipline relevant to energy efficiency required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in utility services, clean energy and/or energy efficiency policy, regulatory and/or market development matters required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Utility and Energy Efficiency, Demand Response and DER markets preferred.
- Knowledge of energy policy, and legislation that are critical to the sectors in which we implement.
- Demonstrated success managing projects.
- Strong public speaking, writing, and general communication skills.
- A passion and commitment to policy innovations that will grow business.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, and drive projects when requested.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across functional areas within the company and build reciprocal relationships outside of it.
- Capable of handling a wide work variety and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills with entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-28