Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory Affairs Manager
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts in Washington DC, you will help Blue Origin engage strategically with government stakeholders, Members of Congress, Administration officials and third parties. This role leads Blue Origin FAA Regulatory Affairs to shape regulatory policy by working with Members of Congress and staff, as well as FAA and other executive branch agencies. You will participate in federal rulemaking efforts through comments to the record, contributing to advisory committees and building consensus with industry partners, while sharing knowledge of commercial space transportation regulations and statutes. Government Relations support includes building relationships with lawmakers and executive agency staff to support advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill, assisting with policy related projects, legislative issue tracking, federal and state agency interaction, and interfacing and supporting work with external consultants and Blue Origin partners.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Advocate for a regulatory framework that supports safety, technological innovation, and open competition in the marketplace
- Participate in rulemaking activities (ie. draft comments to NPRMs, work advisory committee efforts, etc.) with the government relations, legal, communications and program teams
- Collaborate in drafting of industry consensus standards with industry partners and Federal agencies
- Shape efforts on any international treaty updates and policy discussions
- Research and monitor key federal, state and local statues and regulations
- Collaborate with program specialists, legal, business units and functions and external consultants
- BA or BS is required
- Hands-on experience with 14 CFR Part 400 regulations
- Proven experience with and understanding of the U.S. federal policy and rulemaking process and associated statute and legislative history
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in technical work environments
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Proven work experience with federal elected officials, political parties, companies, consultancies, trade associations, governmental agencies, or equivalent organizations
- Experience working with suppliers, trade associations, and/or industry coalitions, as well as on cross-functional business teams
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Learn more here
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Job posted: 2022-07-18