Regulatory Affairs Manager- Product Hazard Communication
This position continues development and improvement of PLZ’s comprehensive Safety Data Sheet (SDS) system. Responsible for product compliance in areas of GHS, ingredient communication and transportation. Manages 2-4 Regulatory Specialists.
- Direct employee’s efforts and establish work processes to optimize ability to produce quality SDS documents.
- Develops documented SOPs and WIs that support training and competency of safety data sheet reviews.
- Keeps up to date with evolving regulations pertaining to products for compliance with GHS, OSHA Hazard Communication, DOT, WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinates internal and external services to maintain SDS authoring software.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts to provide data so that products are in compliance with Prop 65, VOC limits etc.
- Maintains accessible indices of raw material and finished good SDS.
- Works on cross-functional projects to develop compliance strategies for web sites and other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical area Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology degree or commensurate experience.
- Experience using SDS authoring tools, IT Systems, Product Vision Software.
- High preference given to experience with SAP EHS.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in regulatory affairs or related area.
- Active membership in SCHC, PCPC and/or HCPA a plus.
- Knowledge of regulations affecting SDS and transportation.
- Proficient with Word and Excel and SAP or comparable enterprise software.
- Experience with Access, SharePoint and SAP desirable.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-22