Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Position Summary: Our Regulatory team at WellPet is made up of professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets. We are currently seeking a Regulatory Affairs Clerk to join our team. This person would report to our Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs & Technical Services and will be responsible for assisting the regulatory affairs department to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and ensure department deliverables are met.
Position Description (Responsibilities):
- Monitor, track, and prioritize the regulatory mail and email and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Gather documentation to support new product registrations, product renewals, licensing, and tonnage
- Coordinate sales report according to due dates and company closing dates
- Complete applications to support new product registrations, product renewals, licensing, and tonnage
- Coordinate checks requests and ensure payments are made on-time
- Track progress of applications and payments until received and checks are cashed
- Maintain the department database with up-to-date information, certificates, registrations, and product labels
- Using Adobe PDF format all-new product labels to fit printing and state requirements.
- Assist with monthly forecast and budget tracking activities
- Assist with maintaining and filing all regulatory documentation both physically and electronically
- Familiarize and stay up to date with basic pet food labeling requirements
- Create certificate of analysis (COA’s) to support import/export needs
- Communicate any changes to the process or fees associated with product registrations, product renewals, licensing, and tonnage
- Support the regulatory team with special projects
- Handle confidential information with the highest ethical and professional standards
- Associates degree in business or office administration
- 2+ years of general administrative support required
- High-level of attention to detail and ability to interpret documents from State, Federal, and Local legislations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in records maintenance, and communication with government authorities
- Basic knowledge and general understanding of Microsoft office software programs, Adobe, and multiple internal software programs/databases
WellPet LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-03