Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory Affairs Specialist – (221704136)
Who is Just Energy?
Just Energy is a retail energy provider specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities and bringing energy efficient solutions and renewable energy options to customers. Currently, operating in the United States and Canada, Just Energy serves residential and commercial customers. Just Energy is the parent company of Amigo Energy, Filter Group Inc., Hudson Energy, Interactive Energy Group, Tara Energy, and terrapass.
Just Energy is proud to be named Best Electricity Company in Houston. The 2021 Best of the Best competition, presented by the Houston Chronicle, recognizes some of the city’s best businesses as determined by community choice. Visit our website to learn more: www.justenergy.com
- The Regulatory Administration Specialist manages critical regulatory and government reports for Just Energy and its affiliated companies operating in North America. Each Specialist is assigned specific markets for which they should be the subject matter experts on. It is crucial for the company that these activities are performed in a timely manner to maintain active business and operational licenses so that the company can perform adequate sales and operational activities. The administrative team is collaborative; learning based and is focused on delivering high quality service.
- Work under the guidance of the Regulatory Administration Manager.
- Have integrity and be able to work with sensitive confidential data.
- Ensuring productivity and quality targets are met and/or exceeded.
- Responsible for any type of reporting or data request received from the Regulators.
- Ensuring SharePoint is up to date with assigned licenses, agreements, and other reports.
- Maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Interact with Regulators and utilities regarding regulatory compliance reporting matters.
- Maintenance of the Regulatory Tracker, that includes summarizing information on all compliance and reporting requirements by market and entity.
- Ensure proper record keeping of compliance reports, commodity licenses and agreements as well as proper documentation of the processes involved to complete each compliance task located within the Regulatory Tracker.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and filings to regulatory and government agencies in accordance with licensing and legal requirements.
- Obtain Provincial, State and Municipal licenses and permits as required
- On-site filing duties as assigned.
- Must be local to Houston
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of the energy industry strongly preferred.
- Work independently, monitor your own workload and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- The ability to work well with Word, PDF, Excel, and web-based Regulator systems.
- Extremely detail oriented, strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to simplify complex problems and work under strict deadlines.
- High level of initiative and must be a strong team player and can support team members by motivating and challenging each other to improve efficiency, learning and growth.
- University or College Degree preferred
- Or minimum 2 years of proven experience in Regulatory Compliance or similar role an asset.
- Hybrid/WFH Model
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package after 30 days of employment
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Company paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee discount opportunities
- Personal development resources
- Health and wellbeing tools and resources
Just Energy and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace. We invite all interested individuals to apply.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-24