Regulatory Affairs Specialist
This position reports to the Manager of Regulatory Affairs with the primary role of ensuring regulatory compliance, and supporting the launch and in-market activities of our products. This position is responsible for developing label copy for marketed products in the form of LIN development (Label Information Notes) including mandatory product label text, claims and nutritional information. Position includes development of finished product regulatory specifications and providing regulatory information and guidance to various business units and project teams.
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance of our marketed products and regulatory maintenance (i.e. ingredient compliance, labeling, advertising, etc.) in accordance with local regulations, and other applicable legislation, while keeping our products competitive with regard to claims, labeling and advertising.
- Provide regulatory or technical information and documentation on our products and regulatory initiatives to external, and internal customers (i.e. Marketing, Legal, R&D)
- Maintain databases of nutrition and ingredient information relevant to regulatory affairs used for both internal and external functions.
- Provide Regulatory Support for Launch of New Products. Prepare, and review labeling for consumer studies and new products and/or claims. Develop label copy for marketed products in the form of LIN development including mandatory product label text, claims and nutritional information.
- Ensure continued regulatory compliance of marketed products (in area of responsibility) with the local regulations, and all other applicable legislation by: Keep abreast of all product changes and other issues relating to the sale and distribution of marketed products and regular communication with colleagues (Marketing, R&D, QA, Legal, etc.), Support in creating labels, summaries, templates, etc.,
- Support the launch of new products by reviewing new product briefing documents and portfolio reviews relevant to regulatory issues, developing LINs and working with graphics to ensure compliance of all product labeling with applicable legislation, and/or market authorizations, where applicable.
- Manage all paper, electronic files, and information management databases of nutrition, ingredient and claims data relevant to regulatory affairs. Maintain and update the nutrition and ingredient data as necessary. Support the regulatory group in, improving and complementing systems, processes, tools to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies of the RA department.
- Respond to regulatory and technical inquiries and support new product launches with the appropriate documentation.
- University degree in a scientific field (minimum B.S., Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition) required
- 1 to 5 years of experience in Regulatory Affairs of a Consumer Products Company
- Detail oriented with good interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Optiva, GENESIS, etc.)
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-03