Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Northlake Behavioral Health System and Northlake CCBHC offer inpatient and outpatient services for adults and adolescents with behavioral health and substance abuse disorders. Northlake utilizes evidence-based practices to provide the most effective treatment model in caring for our clients. Our compassionate, experienced, and trained staff of professionals provide excellent care in a therapeutic and safe environment that fosters healing. We believe that every client is unique, and we respect different backgrounds and experiences when developing individualized treatment plans to meet specific needs.
As the Government and Regulatory Affairs Specialist you will oversee engagement with government agencies and communicate company priorities to proactively advance Northlake’s priorities. This is a new position reporting to the President of the Board of Directors, formalizing a function that is key to our strategy to continue our rapid growth trajectory. Success is measured in building great win-win relationships with regulatory professionals that promote our values and objectives. You will work regularly with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders to establish and pull through on business priorities and functional expectations to support effective engagement and operations, while advising the leadership team on legislative and regulatory policy that can impact our business at the federal, state, and local levels.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for Government Affairs, Public Policy, and Patient Advocacy functional alignment of initiatives, team communications, tactical execution, and project management
- Will serve to develop, evolve, and manage strategic patient advocacy operations, communications, and reporting
- Ensure efficient dissemination of functional communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Supports functional Sponsorship and Grant review process, execution, and pull through
- Lead efforts to establish and obtain legal, regulatory, and compliance approvals
- Build and maintain relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state, and local levels. Emphasis is placed on the state level workstreams and includes secretaries of states and professional licensing boards
- Communicate company priorities to proactively advance Northlake Behavioral Health System’s priorities. Travel as necessary to attend meetings, participate in communities, or other events to represent and advocate for the company.
- Handle escalations from our staff in partnering with agencies on our behalf
- Monitor regulatory updates that will impact the compliance work we perform
- Other duties as required
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Excellent communication and collaboration skills in a cross-functional and fast-paced environment as well as a proven ability to achieve results in a virtual setting
Other requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required
- Solid command of the behavioral health system: Acute, Outpatient, Mobile Crisis, ACT, Detox, Rehab, and MAT.
- Relevant industry experience and/or external stakeholder-facing experience preferred; Patient Advocacy and/or Government Affairs, Public Policy experience a plus
- Must be an innovative, strategic leader with the skills to successfully implement and pull through on diverse initiatives
- Strong project management skills and experience navigating a complex matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures and functions; successfully managed large workstreams and projects
- Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience leveraging technology to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of workstreams
- Comfortable in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment, able to pivot easily as priorities shift
- Agency/vendor management experience
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution-oriented
- Strong knowledge of the mental health/addiction industry; excitement about the vision and mission of Northlake Behavioral Health System
Northlake Behavioral Health System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-15