Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory Affairs Specialist – Device
GDIT’s Military Health team is hiring a Regulatory Affairs Scientist to support the Office of Regulated Activities (ORA) under the DoD (Dept. of Army) located at Ft. Detrick in Frederick, Maryland.
The Office of Regulated Activities (ORA) is a multidisciplinary team of regulatory affairs, compliance, and clinical support professionals dedicated to supporting the USAMRDC mission of developing Food and Drug Administration regulated medical products for the Warfighter. The ORA provides full-service, oversight, and consultation for regulatory, clinical, non-clinical, manufacturing, data management, biostatistics, product technical, safety monitoring, and medical and regulatory writing support for FDA-regulated drug, biologic, medical device, and combination products.
The Regulatory Affairs Scientist will ensure compliance with FDA Sponsor responsibilities, serve as a subject matter expert for regulatory strategy, to include identifying and mitigating risk, and provide support to integrated project teams and working groups.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Provide subject matter expertise on all regulatory matters related to assigned regulatory projects; ensure ORA leadership and the sponsor’s representative are kept current on the progress of the program through periodic reports
- Provide regulatory support to an integrated product team or working group, which includes working with the team members, advising the team of any FDA-related activities and issues, and attending meetings, updating ORA leadership and the sponsor’s representative through routine reports
- Lead the development of a written regulatory strategy and provide to the Government. The strategy shall describe the regulatory pathway for FDA regulatory approval/licensure/clearance, any possible post-marketing commitments, and shall also describe the target product profile or equivalent that can be used throughout the development process that will describe how a product will be utilized by the end user and provide to the Government.
- Create and maintain Target Product Profiles and provide to the Government. The target product profiles shall contain the indication and usage, dosage and administration, dose forms and strengths, contraindications, warning and precautions, safety adverse reactions and drug interactions, use in specific populations, drug abuse and dependence/overdose, description of drug, clinical/pharmaceutical, pre-clinical toxicology, clinical studies, references, storage and handling, patient counseling, risk evaluation mitigation strategy, and supporting documentation and/or templates as appropriate.
- Identify and mitigate regulatory risk through a project Risk Register
- Serve as the primary contact with the FDA; review, analyze, and respond to FDA communications and meetings by the regulatory deadline
- Lead the development, organization, and structure of regulatory submissions and meeting minutes in EDMS
- Coordinate, prepare, write, review, obtain, maintain, and archive the required documents for regulatory submissions in EDMS
- Assist in writing and/or reviewing abstracts, papers, and publications, which shall be written in collaboration with the study team members and submitted to all appropriate approval authorities
- Confirm the need for registration, based on regulation and Army policy, and provide regulatory support for data entry and quality assurance of ClinicalTrials.gov information/entries, a Web-based resource that provides information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies on a wide range of diseases and conditions
- Review and provide written critical regulatory feedback on acquisition milestone decision briefings, progress reviews, and other acquisition documents
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience. MS in regulatory affairs is preferred.
- Required Experience: 5 years of related experience.
- Required Technical Skills: Experience working, submitting and communicating with the FDA is highly preferred.
- Experience developing regulatory strategies for diverse medical products
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and perform independently.
- Have excellent Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Security Clearance Level: Able to obtain a TI (Public Trust).
- US Citizenship Required: Must be U.S. citizen.
- Some travel may be required.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- 401K with company match
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- Professional development, education assistance, certification and training opportunities
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA MD Fort Detrick
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-24