Regulatory Affairs Strategy and Policy Development Senior Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Regulatory Affairs Strategy and Policy Development Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll build SCE’s broader policy strategy, integrating energy policy issues in across various topics to develop long-term advocacy plans. You’ll also lead teams managing all aspects of SCE’s participation in regulatory proceedings at the California Public Utilities commission.
As a Regulatory Affairs Strategy and Policy Development Senior Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Facilitate and contribute to SCE policy development. Identify key issues, propose solutions, and collaborate with subject matter experts to develop and refine policy positions.
- Develop long-term policy strategy and advocacy plans. Track emerging issues across the energy policy landscape, coordinate additional analysis needed to support policy positions, and collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop advocacy options.
- Facilitate and support engagement with external stakeholders at the CPUC and other organizations.
- Lead cross-functional regulatory case teams, managing the day-to-day regulatory activities such as developing filings, facilitating meetings with internal and external stakeholders, and responding to data requests.
- Manage internal communication related to regulatory proceedings. Drive engagement with business unit management as well as with SCE senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ten years of combined experience in project or program management, cross-functional coordination, energy markets, environmental sustainability and/or energy-related regulatory policy.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting regulations, legislation or policies in a public utility or other regulated environment.
- Experience developing testimony, legal filings, or other regulatory reports.
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Economics, or Business.
- Five years of experience managing, supervising, or leading an organization, unit, or teams.
- Experience interfacing effectively with external stakeholders, regulatory agency staff, corporate officers, and all levels of management.
- Experience implementing and monitoring multi-year strategic plans to promote advocacy.
- Experience effectively interfacing, collaborating, and partnering with stakeholders, senior management, clients and team members to drive solutions and ensure buy-in.
You should know …
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides to reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-16