Regulatory Affairs Vice President
HomeServe USA, a 2019 certified Great Place to Work, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the top-of-mind solution for consumers when something goes wrong in their home. Our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe USA is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in the US, UK, France, Italy and Spain. Come see why you should work for HomeServe USA!
HomeServe is in search of a leader who will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s strategy on regulatory affairs. The Regulatory Affairs Vice President, will report to the Chief Compliance Officer, and will be part of the North American Legal and Compliance function.
The Regulatory Affairs Vice President will Lead our Regulatory Affairs strategy and have responsibility for identifying and monitoring regulatory matters that can affect the business (either positively or negatively) and developing strategies to manage the impact of those matters on the company’s profitability and growth plans.
- Create and execute upon a regulatory strategy for the US to ensure we are proactive vs reactive on political, regulatory and industry critical issues
- Effectively interpret regulatory actions to ascertain any impact on the company, including the identification of favorable business opportunities or potential threats, including written analysis, advocacy papers and other written material necessary to explain impacts internally and advance the company’s interests externally (including drafting, analyzing and/or presenting legislation, amendments, and testimony as necessary to perform legislative and regulatory advocacy)
- Lead, advise and prepare responses for regulatory rulemaking impacting the business
- Research, Track, Analyze and Develop positions on proposed legislation, including meetings with key stakeholders
- Create a tracking mechanism so that all relevant proposed regulations are monitored, status updated, and action plans clearly stated
- Liaise and develop relationships with internal and external partners to achieve desired outcomes
- Manage outside counsel, consultants or lobbyists as necessary
- Represent the company with key stakeholders including city authorities and other government agencies positive and proactive outreach. This may include attending city council meetings, Public Utility Commission hearings, etc.
- Provide advice on the impact of complex regulatory matters arising in the US
- Work in close collaboration with the Account Management and Business Development Team in building relationships with key regulators in support of an outlined strategy;
- Collaborate with a larger team of business and legal personnel and take the lead in responding to regulatory actions and inquiries in the US.
- 15 years+ senior leadership experience in a regulatory position in a corporation, association or government context and/or as a regulatory attorney in a law firm advising on Public Utility Commission regulations
- Proven experience drafting legislation or participating in the rulemaking process and/or reviewing and/or preparing comment letters on proposed legislation.
- Proven ability to understand and analyze regulations
- Proven relationships with key members of a Public Utility Commission in at least one jurisdiction
- JD from an established and reputable law school (preferred but not required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Success in navigating and building relationships within a large global organization
- Must demonstrate a proactive, time sensitive, results driven approach in carrying out all duties, obligations, and responsibilities.
- Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks
- Competency in MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned
- Travel of about 30% is expected
In return we offer
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Casual attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2020-06-03