Regulatory Case Senior Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Regulatory Case Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll will be a Case Manager (Advisor) on the Electrification and Customer Programs Policy team in the Energy & Environmental Policy department of Southern California Edison (SCE)’s Regulatory Affairs organization. As a Senior Regulatory Case Advisor, you will focus on customer facing programs and services that support SCE’s Clean Power and Electrification Pathway such as demand response (DR) and energy efficiency (EE)programs. You will lead regulatory project management leadership for cross-functional teams of operational, strategy, regulatory, legal, and finance experts. This includes concurrently planning, developing, coordinating, and executing on regulatory strategies that will result in favorable regulatory outcomes that will be instrumental for SCE to achieve state energy policy goals to deliver safe, reliable and affordable electricity and improve the overall customer service experience with SCE. This means you will spearhead the regulatory process for various customer facing programs and services including developing and reviewing testimony, advice letters, comments/reply comments, responding to data requests and preparing witnesses, so that SCE’s positions are reflected accurately and are defensible before regulatory agencies and other key external partners. You will also support external stakeholder engagement and advocacy activities and represent SCE at regulatory agencies.
Because this role is strategically aligned with the operational and regulatory goals for SCE, you will frequently and proactively interact with senior and executive SCE management as well as external stakeholders including staff at various regulatory agencies.
As part of an empowered and inspired team, we achieve equitable policy outcomes that align SCE’s strategies and priorities with regulators, customers and other partners by establishing and maintaining credibility and a culture of trust-based partnerships.
And before we forget … you’ll be working with and supported by a high performing team. So working well with and appreciating others is non-negotiable.
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Leads regulatory case management on proceedings of importance to the company. Prepares regulatory documents such as Applications, Advice Letters, Direct and Rebuttal Testimony, and Comments, ensuring the company’s position is reflected accurately. May represent SCE in proceedings with various regulatory agencies, other utilities, regional & national industry organizations, interveners, customers, and other departments and/or parties.
- Leads cross-functional teams to address strategic issues and manages resolution of complex regulatory issues. Leads the development of regulatory policies, processes, and strategies. May act as a key consultant to senior and executive management. Interacts with internal and external parties to advance SCE’s positions. Maintains thorough knowledge of regulations, rules, and procedures. Communicates with all levels of the organizations, including management, regarding relevant regulations and legislation.
- Leads cross-functional teams to complete discovery requests and meet deadlines for regulatory filings. Identifies tasks required to complete regulatory requirements. Interprets regulatory requirements and provides guidance to the business to ensure compliance. Manages witness preparation process. Identifies issues that require attention and raises them to management.
- Leads regulatory policy development with other regulatory policy groups, organizational unit management teams and SMEs to achieve consistency on positions across SCE regulatory proceedings. Provides communication regarding status of proceedings to SCE executives and other internal stakeholders. Leads other cross-functional proceedings as need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Environmental Policy, or related field.
- Ten years of combined experience in project or program management, cross-functional coordination, energy markets, environmental sustainability and/or energy-related regulatory policy.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting energy related regulations, legislation, or policies.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Business, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Environmental Policy, or related field, or a Law Degree.
- Five years of experience in any of the following: advocating or analyzing regulations, public policy development, strategic analysis, regulatory case management, organizational programs, or contract management.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Experience developing regulatory documents such as Applications, Advice Letters, Direct and Rebuttal Testimony, and Comments.
- Experience leading cross functional project teams.
- Electric utility industry experience.
- Experience with of state and federal regulatory and/or legislative functions and processes.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to stakeholders and senior management.
- Customer-focused to understand and respond appropriately to clients’ business needs.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. Please access our Information Guides, to reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. #LI-JM1
Job posted: 2021-11-09