This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
In this role, you’ll work with our team of analysts in Rates and Regulatory Affairs (RARA) to develop revenue requirements for general rate cases and ensure that the pricing structure reflects the rates the company is authorized to collect and that support company operations. You’ll provide advocacy at the Public Utility Commission in contested matters with multiple external stakeholders that have alternative (often adverse) policy goals and competing analyses. You’ll inform and execute regulatory strategy, and provide internal consulting on regulatory strategy and impacts on business matters.
This is a technical position to lead PGE’s pricing efforts including marginal cost studies and rate design; docket work such as (but limited to) transportation electrification, direct access, rulemakings, etc; estimating future pricing impacts; creating the revenue budgets, and other pricing work.
- Prepares and oversees complex tariff and regulatory filings;
- Leads other analysts and provides management and other departments with extensive technical expertise, analyses and recommended strategies for complex and nonroutine problems in a specialty area or across multiple functions;
- Independently writes, oversees and reviews the development of comments, testimony, exhibits, work papers and/or other documentation for regulatory proceedings
- Provides technical solutions to complex and nonroutine business/regulatory matters;
- Leads and mentors others in formulating alternative solutions for a range of complex business/regulatory problems;
- Advises senior management
- Provides leadership in the development of regulatory strategy;
- Leads team in identifying industry and business changes and emerging customer interests to develop proactive regulatory strategies/tactics in collaboration with relevant functions (e.g., legal, government affairs, engineering);
- May serve as a company witness
- Leads the development of compliance standards that reflect the needs of PGE and addresses identified risks and concerns;
- Submits to management and senior leadership for review and approval
- Advocates company interests on regulatory issues with customers, stakeholders and regulatory bodies;
- Negotiates with regulatory staff and other interested parties to reach outcomes which advance company objectives;
- Presents company proposals;
- Cultivates and maintains professional relationships with regulatory staff and stakeholders
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, business or related field or equivalent experience. In addition, we require eight or more years in related field.
- Advanced knowledge of business, engineering and/or economics, financial modeling and ratemaking principles
- Expert knowledge of financial and utility industry regulation
- Intermediate knowledge of electrical distribution, transmission and generation facilities
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-10