San Francisco, CA
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for an energetic and talented lawyer to join our growing Legal team as Regulatory Counsel. Based in San Francisco, this individual will report to the Regulatory Counsel Team and will be primarily responsible for supporting the Team in developing new consumer credit products and features to existing products. The best candidate will be flexible enough to manage a wide range of projects and matters in support of Affirm’s multiple strategic objectives.
What you’ll do
- Conduct research and prepare written analyses on relevant federal and state consumer financial services laws and regulations affecting new and existing products and services, including the Truth in Lending Act; the Electronic Funds Transfer Act; the Equal Credit Opportunity Act; the Fair Credit Reporting Act; the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; data security and privacy laws, laws prohibiting unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts or practices; and related regulatory guidance and enforcement actions
- Support the Operations Team and assist with analyzing and responding to customer complaints and inquiries
- Monitor and analyze state and federal legal and regulatory developments in consumer lending and servicing
- Work proactively with Affirm’s strategic partners, vendors and other third-parties
- Manage special projects supporting both Legal and Compliance functions, including drafting and compiling regulatory submissions
- Identify and promote process-enhancement through gap analyses between existing policies and procedures and business activities
What we look for
- J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- At least 2-4 years of law firm or in-house experience, ideally related to consumer financial services regulatory analysis, product development, privacy and data security, compliance, regulatory relations or operational functions
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing team
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative and effective solutions
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a clear and persuasive manner
- Passion for improving consumer credit products and customer experiences
At Affirm, “People Come First” is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job posted: 2019-10-28