Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory Data Analyst
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re hiring a Regulatory Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
As a Regulatory Data Analyst at Oscar, you will implement several reporting inventory spanning multiple production life cycles, and using technology to build scalable processes for the reproduction and automation of reports. You will collaborate with partnering departments and functional life cycles to ensure accurate reporting.
You will report to the Service Operations Data Analytics Manager.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $54,000 – $70,875 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, and annual performance bonuses.
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools and technical processes, in particular database querying
- Navigation of complex data structures that encompass multiple areas of expertise
- Build SQL queries & partner or lead the building of Python scripts to automate
- Successfully perform detailed-oriented work and adherence to all QA/QC protocols
- Develop insights into opportunities for workflow improvements
- Creation, implementation, and maintenance of process, QA, and Control documentation
- Identify and report on any data/data infrastructure gaps, deficiencies, or irregularities
- Collaborate with other team members, departments, and multiple partners
- Use skills and expertise to support your team through process improvements and implementation on an ongoing basis
- Assist team in standing up new value BI solutions to use reports metrics for OSCAR operation improvements
- Translate technical analyses into clear communications to a nontechnical audience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years of related work experience in healthcare, analytics, or operations
- 1+ years of experience of SQL, BigQuery or similar database languages
- 1+ years of experience with intermediate Excel/Sheets functions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exposure to Python
- Experience with Macbook, Macbook Terminal, and Google Suite
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications and data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with healthcare/insurance regulatory requirements
- Experience with version control (GIT)
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We’re on a mission to change health care — an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-12