Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory Engagement Specialist
Global Technology Business Management Resiliency and Controls (GT BMRC), Regulatory Engagement function supporting Core Technology Infrastructure (CTI) aims to transform regulatory obligations into a competitive advantage and reducing the burden on the CTI
organization. While at the same time driving improved efficiency on regulatory exams and engagements, partnering with Leaders across CTI, Horizontal Business Partners, and Regulatory Relations.
Key goals of the Regulatory Engagement team are introducing a consistent and more efficient regulatory management CTI operating model, establishing a repository of reusable components, create new standard principles for infrastructure regulatory engagements, leverage external counsel to evaluate our maturity, identify regulatory trends in the industry and continually
This is an opportunity to join an energetic team supporting regulatory engagements (Exams, Ad-hoc Requests or Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs)) and collaborate on the development/facilitation of CTI processes, controls, and implementing consistent regulatory practices. We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated, passionate, thrives in a fast-paced culture, balances priorities, drives delivery, flawless execution, and enjoys team successes.
- Responding to Regulatory/Audit Exams working with the subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop strong well positioned response letters and other materials that will be submitted as evidence to regulators, with flawless execution
- Support and Manage response for Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs) aligned to CTI ensuring timely reporting, escalations and strong evidence materials are prepared
- Engage with senior leaders and represent the team in both internal CTI and external forums and working groups and is expected to establish, develop, and manage key partnerships across CTI.
- Ensure consistent exam practices, successful execution, and reduction of risk exposure for the CTI organization.
- Work closely with cross functional teams, GIS Divisional leads, Subject Matter Experts, SLT and other Risk partners to construct time sensitive deliverables and execute on regulatory exams and engagements.
- Create documentation in the form of playbooks, process guides, job aides, communications, and operations principals.
- Participate in development of an archive repository of documentation/presentation templates and promote regular review/updating routines to ensure all archived items are updated as needed.
- Gather and analyze technical and process information from various subject matter experts to author/develop/revise presentation materials.
- The candidate must stay abreast of regulatory industry trends, general bank policies, regulations, programs and procedures.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter, highly organized, excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong writing/communication skills, the ability to synthesize content from subject matter experts to clearly articulate complex subject matters to a variety of audiences.
- Proven presentation skills: ability to present key messages, recommendations and information in a clear, concise and insightful way and synthesize information key to executive level leadership.
- Ability to analyze and present regulatory data and information.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to changing demands and priorities.
- Experience working on Regulatory Deliverables, MRAs, or Consent Orders.
- Experience influencing effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills to navigate complexities of gaining buy-in, building consensus and resolving conflicts.
- Proficient PowerPoint, Visio and Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in risk management, enterprisewide role, managing regulator/audit activities or a combination of each.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of Technology disciplines
- Strategic thinker comfortable with executive and senior level management; proactively escalates.
- Influence horizontally and vertically across the organization and diverse audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Job posted: 2022-07-18