Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory & Government Affairs Manager
Who is Kaluza?
Kaluza is the leading intelligent energy platform powering the future of energy. Kaluza is the ONLY billing platform – built with load balancing from the ground up – in order to handle the energy customer of the future, a consumer that both buys from and sells to the grid.
We’re creating the tools to help consumers unlock the full benefits of renewable energy by enabling a seamless connection between the customer and the grid. From revolutionising billing to smart electric vehicle charging, Kaluza’s real-time cloud platform empowers some of the biggest energy retailers to optimise their operations in order to invest in innovating for their customers as they head toward net-zero living.
Kaluza is expanding into new international markets as energy companies everywhere are challenged with providing affordable, green and reliable energy solutions to their customers. This position will be part of Kaluza’s growing team in California helping us build relationships and boost brand awareness across North America so we can solve these challenges and accelerate decarbonisation.
Where in the world of Kaluza will I be working?
You will be working in Kaluza’s Market Development function. The purpose of this function is shaping policy and regulatory changes in key markets that increase and bring forward the value of Kaluza SaaS products, staying on top of market developments to support Kaluza positioning, and finally finding market opportunities for Kaluza’s Sustainability products based on comprehensive market analysis.
What will I be doing?
Kaluza needs a talented team member who can use policy-making and regulatory shaping processes to support market readiness and advance the market for flexibility solutions, SaaS software, and utility investment in technology innovation.
As the California Market Development Manager your role will be to stay up to date on policy developments in the California market, and support the definition of the demand flexibility regulations, to create a more stable market and enable Kaluza’s success. You will be actively involved in the shaping of policy and regulation with regulatory and government bodies.
- Be a public spokesperson for Kaluza in meetings and workshops with regulatory and government bodies – raising the companies profile
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, including regulatory commissions, utility clients, state energy officials, ISO/RTOs, environmental groups, and consumer advocates.
- Work with industry and stakeholder partners to grow and/or shape policy and regulatory changes that increase and bring forward the value of Kaluza SaaS products.
- Update Kaluza Product, Business Development and Marketing teams with regulatory developments before or as they come into effect
- Collaborate with the Commercial and Product teams to build regulatory acceptance with regulators for Kaluza’s SaaS products
- Effectively advance goals which includes helping the Commercial team to meet or exceed their commercial targets
- Be the trusted expert in your assigned market who can always identify what matters most to the business
Does this sound like you?
You are passionate about driving market policy to support the energy transition, supporting business development through thought leadership and enabling Kaluza’s customers to move towards net-zero living.
You must have:
- You have deep knowledge of the California energy market and flexible demand technologies.
- You have experience with policy and regulatory shaping.
Ideally you will have:
- You have a BA/BS in government, policy, economics, business, engineering, or related degree, and preferably a relevant advanced degree.
- You have at least five years of work experience in energy policy and regulation.
- You are a strong relationship builder and networker.
- You are an exceptional written and oral communicator who knows how to conduct primary research and put together a compelling presentation to advocate for an idea.
- You are detail-oriented, entrepreneurial, and have strong political instincts.
- You bring solutions to complex problems and can convince others to adopt your vision.
- You enjoy working outside of a defined swim lane and proactively dig into projects with a focus on getting results.
- You have proven critical thinking and analytical skills.
- You function well in a fast-paced, team-focused environment where you need to build consensus across departments.
Here at Kaluza we have five core values that guide us as a business:
We’re on a mission, We build together, We’re inclusive, We get it done, We communicate with purpose.
Our values are not words on a wall — they are at the heart of our culture. They are how we make decisions and how we treat each other. They are concrete and clear, and reflect what we as people, and as a business, really care about.
Kaluza’s vision is to power a world where net-zero is within everyone’s reach. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
From us you’ll get
- Unlimited PTO (paid leave) and 10 days sick leave.
- Guideline 401k (up to 5% matched)
- United Health health, vision and dental plan
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Even better? You’ll have access to these benefits from day 1 when you join.
We want the best people
We’re keen to meet people from all walks of life — our view is that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. But if you’re excited about joining us and think you have some of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure, we’d still love to hear from you.
Job posted: 2022-09-20