Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory & Government Affairs Specialist
The Regulatory Specialist will evaluate, maintain, and report on compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines in order to provide regulatory guidance to the company.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Develop/Maintain a knowledge of laws, regulations, rules and procedures in specific areas of law that are applicable to Mom’s Meals
- Monitor and distribute information to business areas and executive management in connection with new and pending legislation, regulations, bulletins, and regulatory developments, and confirm determination of impact to company and resolution has been achieved
- Work closely with General Counsel to review and provide guidance on applicable laws, regulations and rules impacting Mom’s Meals.
- Work with Director of Government Affairs and business areas to develop policy positions, position statements, and corporate strategies to influence public policy outcomes for the benefit of Mom’s Meals
- Monitor and analyze the impact of emerging or revised laws, regulations, enforcement actions and other changes that impact the business
- Provide, as needed, regulatory strategic support and direction to client programs and initiatives
- Partner with appropriate internal parties to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to Mom’s Meals
- Communicate with third parties as needed to research, investigate, or communicate any changes to processes or procedures in relation to regulatory changes
Required Skills and Experience
- Juris Doctor
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in regulatory affairs or similar role
- Experience navigating healthcare regulatory environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborator and partner
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including ability to prioritize issues
- Ability to work independently
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience drafting advocacy documents and legislation
- Repetitive motions that include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting, remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods
- Visual perception to perform job including peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Mom’s Meals is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. We provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Mom’s Meals could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Mom’s Meals complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or military status.
Job posted: 2022-10-25