Regulatory and Policy Advisor
TMG is an information and communications technologies (ICT) consulting firm that provides regulatory, policy, technical, and economic advisory services to top tier tech and telecommunications companies, multilateral organizations, and governments. Most of our clients operate internationally and are rolling out products, services, and cutting-edge technologies. Our job is to assist clients in obtaining access to markets across the globe, assessing and implementing their path to entering new markets, and working with them to develop their strategies. We also work with governments to shape their regulatory environments, drafting laws, regulations, policies to modernize their regulatory frameworks in the digital era.
Job Description. We are seeking a Regulatory and Policy Advisor to join our team. It is a full‐time position based in the Washington, D.C. area. The job will involve conducting research, analyzing information, and drafting reports and other documents pertaining to the ICT sector, focusing on international regulatory and policy developments.
Job Duties. The Regulatory and Policy Advisor will:
- identify, research, and analyze policy and regulatory issues related to the ICT sector around the world;
- research and prepare memoranda, reports, case studies, and presentations for clients on relevant emerging policies related to ICT;
- draft reports that identify relevant ICT developments and trends for private clients, as well as participate on bi‐weekly or monthly calls to update clients;
- represent TMG and clients on ICT‐related industry meetings;
- engage in business development efforts; and
- assist with regulatory compliance matters on behalf of private clients;
Qualifications. The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- graduate school degree in relevant field of study (i.e., public policy, technology, political science; law) or college degree and 1-3 years of experience in ICT sector;
- fluency in a second language, preferably French or Spanish;
- exceptional writing and analytical skills;
- strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- ability to embrace challenges enthusiastically, take initiative on projects, and collaborate with other TMG team members;
- enjoy working in a diverse, team‐oriented setting;
- handling issues in multiple jurisdictions and interest in traveling internationally;
- ability to multi‐task and work independently in a fast‐paced environment; and
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel essential. Other publishing and design software proficiency is a plus.
Salary. Base salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Regulatory and Policy Advisor will be eligible for benefits, including a discretionary annual bonus.
How to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (no more than five pages), college transcript, and at least one letter of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2020-09-10