Regulatory Policy Consultant
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Rates & Regulatory team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Regulatory Policy Consultant position!
Provides strategic guidance and analysis of federal regulatory policy. Also provides oversight in researching, planning, developing and implementing federal filings and compliance programs to ensure the Company meets all federal, state and other regulatory requirements. Advises internal departments of regulatory requirements and provides strategic guidance to meet those requirements. Develops and conducts employee training on the relevant requirements. Provides strategic guidance and coordination of federal, regional and state rulemaking proceedings. Monitors and interprets federal, regional and state regulations, orders and rules to stay informed of current and changing requirements.
- Researches and prepares strategic analysis to ensure the company remains compliant with current federal, regional, state and other statutes, regulations and orders.
- Provides regulatory strategy and coordination for federal and state rulemaking proceedings and tariff filings.
- Plans, develops and implements programs to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops training programs to ensure employees are knowledgeable regarding regulatory compliance issues and conducts necessary training.
- Coordinates with compliance personnel to meet compliance standards and timelines in other departments.
- Directs activity for the testing, monitoring and support of high level assessment by business unit in regard to formal audits.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors to provide support and address audit concerns; implements responsive and corrective solutions.
- Performs investigations, as necessary, related to potential regulatory/compliance violations.
- Works cooperatively across the organization and company where applicable, to communicate pending or upcoming regulatory proposals and for obtaining input in aligning regulatory proposals with the company objectives.
- Assists compliance program managers in developing complete and executable plans.
- Supports assessments of the effectiveness of compliance controls.
- Formulates sound control practices and processes for managing potential risks and exposures.
- Maintains oversight of monitoring and tracking of employee required compliance training.
- Provides support of the department’s website.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business, public policy, finance, economics or communications or applicable field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8 years’ experience including 3 years in regulatory compliance and 5 years of regulatory policy development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiating, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be self-directed and willing to mentor peers and team members.
- Thorough understanding of utility operations, policy issues and regulation.
- Thorough understanding of federal, regional and state rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access or other database applications.
- CPA, MBA, JD, PE or experience in public policy.
- Thorough understanding of compliance regulations and processes specific to the department/area of hire.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-17